School Safety Plan. Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Students will figure out which teachers are carrying in less than a week.
    They might find out who could be carrying..but they wont know everyone...or when...
    as opposed to an armed guard posted somewhere.

Comment

I think one of the biggest issues with this subject is denial. We refuse to add the manner of security to our schools needed because we refuse to accept that the society in which we live in has become so effed up and or godless. We dont want to admit that things are so bad now we need men with guns at the entrances to our schools. Lots of them. At a minimum like entering a courthouse. Someone who wants to go out in a storm of bullets will still enter a school that isnt locked down by armed men and kill multiple children before a single resource officer or multiple armed teachers respond. Ive been in the business of securing areas of all manner. Reactionary is the last way you want to get started in an active shooter scenario. Green zone/Red zone. There is nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        I think one of the biggest issues with this subject is denial. We refuse to add the manner of security to our schools needed because we refuse to accept that the society in which we live in has become so effed up and or godless. We dont want to admit that things are so bad now we need men with guns at the entrances to our schools. Lots of them. At a minimum like entering a courthouse. Someone who wants to go out in a storm of bullets will still enter a school that isnt locked down by armed men and kill multiple children before a single resource officer or multiple armed teachers respond. Ive been in the business of securing areas of all manner. Reactionary is the last way you want to get started in an active shooter scenario. Green zone/Red zone. There is nothing else.

No. The biggest issue is guns. You haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Texas Governor Unveils Plan For Armed Veterans In Schools

Comment

Preventing them outright is a fantasy. Mitigating the amount of bloodshed is as simple as removing the restrictions for lawful concealed carry.

Comment

Someone please do the legwork and post some facts. Number of schools in America starting as far back as possible and how many school shootings each year.

Problem may be that in 1960-1990 if a kid brought a gun to school and shot just one or two people it may not have been recorded. And very possible if no one died it wouldn't be reported back then.

But still would be nice to see the data.

Comment

Comment

I agree with you.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

The problem with this is they wont know teachers are armed. In the article they condition that carrying teachers will be anonymous. It does not give the visual presence of a hard target by arming teachers.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    They won't know "which" teachers are armed, but they will know there are armed teachers on campus.
                    Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Students will figure out which teachers are carrying in less than a week.
                    Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    They might find out who could be carrying..but they wont know everyone...or when...
                    as opposed to an armed guard posted somewhere.

Schools are like prisons
                    Inmates know everything about the guards personal lives

How will the kids not know which teachers are carrying?
                    Will teachers not be made to go through metal detectors?

You say some teachers only carry "some" of the time.
                    What good is that?
                    If you only have 40teachers in your school and only 3-4 are licensed to carry, how hard is it for me to figure out which teacher will be carrying on a given day?

These suicidal kids are not dumb.
                    They spend months planning these attacks.

And if you have four teachers leaving a pep rally shooting at a couple Trenchcoat Mafia members in the hallway I guarantee you there will be friendly fire fatalities.

Comment

This could backfire..
                      As crazy as it sounds I'm thinking that some of these deranged kids will see these armed guards and armed teachers as a bigger challenge and the number of shootings go up...
                      I hope I'm wrong but the way some of these hoodlums think these days it wouldn't surprise me not one bit... There is no one solution to solving this monstrosity of a mess...

Comment

Could of yes. Would of no.

Now metal detectors with armed LE IMO would of prevented a kid from bringing a shotgun hidden under a trench coat into the school. We do this at banks, courthouses, airports, concert venues, night clubs, etc.........

The arming of banks is to protect the money, NOT HUMANS
                        That's why the money is behind 3 foot thick walls in a vault and humans are (sometimes) behind 3 inches of plastic.

Courthouses?
                        Brian Nichols in Atlanta
                        Tim McVeigh in OKC

Airports?
                        Didn't workers just get caught funneling drugs and guns on planes from Dallas to citiesall across the country?

Concerts?
                        Vegas.

Nightclubs?
                        Orlando.

Jails?
                        Cellphones and other contraband are all throughout prisoner cells.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          The arming of banks is to protect the money, NOT HUMANS
                          That's why the money is behind 3 foot thick walls in a vault and humans are (sometimes) behind 3 inches of plastic.

Courthouses?
                          Brian Nichols in Atlanta
                          Tim McVeigh in OKC

Airports?
                          Didn't workers just get caught funneling drugs and guns on planes from Dallas to citiesall across the country?

Concerts?
                          Vegas.

Nightclubs?
                          Orlando.

Jails?
                          Cellphones and other contraband are all throughout prisoner cells.
                          Your points are worth a thousanth of a percent as to the whole they represent.

Comment

Your points are worth a thousanth of a percent as to the whole they represent.
                            So are yours.
                            LoL

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              So are yours.
                              LoL
                              No literally. Do the math on yours. Im not insulting you, you bring up a couple or just one instance where it didn't work. Lets take the airport. Literally millions of people have been screened and no incidents took place at airports around the world while I was just away from the computer.

Comment

No literally. Do the math on yours. Im not insulting you, you bring up a couple or just one instance where it didn't work. Lets take the airport. Literally millions of people have been screened and no incidents took place at airports around the world while I was just away from the computer.
                                How do cellphones get into PRISONS
                                Have you ever been to or driven by a prison?
                                See how "hardened" they are?

But yet, inmates have cell phones in their...
                                LoL CELLS

I guess that's like a car phone in a car, right?

You can screen kids all day long but they will just throw a gun over the back fence of the ball field and retrieve it later.

Maybe throw a gun on top of the school roof on Sunday then go retrieve it Monday morning to wreak havoc.

Comment

Working...
                                X