Go to south Texas. Good hunting and a short trip to boys town lol

Comment

Originally posted by david8017 View Post
      Anybody said hookers and blow yet?
      That’s always solid advice[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This comment kinda makes me want to watch the hangover movies

Comment

Just a thought. I do bowfishing trips as well but if i was doing a batchleor party in July i would look into the Bowfishing Unlimited set up in Louisana. Bowfishing at night and fishing off coast during the day. And cheaper then most exotic hunts are running it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
          This comment kinda makes me want to watch the hangover movies
          Say 5-10 years from now the 10 of you have an itch to get back together for a weekend hunt/bender.

The odds are pretty good your wives & girlfriends would be totally fine with a hunt/fish weekend.

You won't like the odds y'all will get of trying to goto Vegas together.

Live it up while you can now.

Comment

I had a friend who told me he went to a ranch in southern Kansas for a bachelor party where they laid out on a hill and shot prairie dogs all day long. Then cooked and drank by the fire in the evening. Sounds like a blast to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
              I had a friend who told me he went to a ranch in southern Kansas for a bachelor party where they laid out on a hill and shot prairie dogs all day long. Then cooked and drank by the fire in the evening. Sounds like a blast to me!
              That sounds freaking awesome! Any way you could find out what ranch they went to? Kansas is a ways away but I think we'd be interested.

Comment

This is what me and my people did. I was older when I got married and wanted the young little men to be able to celebrate with us. No boobie bar, hookers or anything like that. Lots of booze and fishing all night.

Comment

This is going to be long winded and I apologize!

If you have access to a good sized ranch this will work. We had the same situation for one of my buddies, getting married, he didn't want to go to the typical spots (Vegas, strip club etc.) So a buddy and I thought this one up- we had a deer lease of 5,000 acres and since most of the guys were all on the same deer lease we decided to do it there. We went big time on meals (steaks, good whiskey etc). Hanging out at the lease is fun but what could we do that was really fun and different?? He and I went down on Thursday night and spent all day Friday setting up a 9 hole golf course on the ranch. We started on the south end and worked our way north. But it wasn't for conventional golf, it was a shooting competition. We planned this ahead of time and told everyone to pick two man teams, bring their rifles and plenty of ammo and be at the ranch on Friday night. Two man teams, best score on each hole gets recorded. Lowest score wins the day. Lots of trash talking, chest beating and friendly competition. So for instance, you go to hole #1 and it is shooting from a two man deer blind. Team A (by the way, each team needs to come with a name and all the gear they can get with the team name on it). Team A starts, both guys climb into the stand, they have 2 minutes for both guys to get settled, get loaded (safety is paramount) pick their target and shoot. You have two targets, one close (or one that is considered an easy shot) and one farther out. The closer target can only score par with a bullseye and the scoring gets progressively worse the further out on the ring for that target. The further target- you can score birdie, eagle or double ( depending on difficulty, distance, what is the rest etc ) with a bullseye and progressively worse the further out on the ring. We had deer stand shots, free hand shots, high rack shots, tripod shots, belly crawl and prone position shots and many more ranging from close to 700 yds.

It was a total hit and so much fun we ended up having it every year for the next 7 years. It got real creative. sometimes you let the group watch the shooters and sometimes you want it to be a surprise for the shooters so you keep them out of sight . Over the years we had many different holes, one was a true golf hole. We went out into one of the roller chopped strips and you had to hit a golf ball with a wedge from 125yds out towards the target. Wherever your ball landed, you had to shoot from there. so if you shanked it in the brush, you had to shoot from the brush and it was almost impossible to score. If you were a good golfer, you hit to right in front of the target and scored great. Another we called the coyote. we bought a remote controlled truck at Walmart and taped a target on top of it. When the guys drove up in their jeep or truck, we drove the remote truck down the road, zig zagging etc and the guys would shoot to score. If they hit the truck they were disqualified. One last one we had was the OK Corral. We had six targets set up on the right and six on the left in our cattle pens, you walk in the middle of them with a six shooter in each hand and you have to keep walking shooting at the first, second and so on targets. That was tough. Anyway, I've got tons of ideas and fun things you can do with that. It took us all day to get through 9 holes and some years we just did 6-8 holes. We had lunch in the field, set up fold out tents and chairs in the middle of the day, hung out shot the bull, harassed each other and talked about what was coming up. Finished up the round before sundown then had a huge dinner that night and the winning team got to talk smack for the entire next year.

Comment

Every time I see one of these hunting/fishing bachelor party threads I can't imagine how boring that would be. I do that every year with buddies anyway. Go do something you normally don't/won't. Vegas is a blast.

Comment

Invite the groom’s Dad. He’s ‘loosing’ a son in the deal. He may turn it down but he’ll never forget the invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just did this at a bachelor party, pm me for details.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                          This is going to be long winded and I apologize!

If you have access to a good sized ranch this will work. We had the same situation for one of my buddies, getting married, he didn't want to go to the typical spots (Vegas, strip club etc.) So a buddy and I thought this one up- we had a deer lease of 5,000 acres and since most of the guys were all on the same deer lease we decided to do it there. We went big time on meals (steaks, good whiskey etc). Hanging out at the lease is fun but what could we do that was really fun and different?? He and I went down on Thursday night and spent all day Friday setting up a 9 hole golf course on the ranch. We started on the south end and worked our way north. But it wasn't for conventional golf, it was a shooting competition. We planned this ahead of time and told everyone to pick two man teams, bring their rifles and plenty of ammo and be at the ranch on Friday night. Two man teams, best score on each hole gets recorded. Lowest score wins the day. Lots of trash talking, chest beating and friendly competition. So for instance, you go to hole #1 and it is shooting from a two man deer blind. Team A (by the way, each team needs to come with a name and all the gear they can get with the team name on it). Team A starts, both guys climb into the stand, they have 2 minutes for both guys to get settled, get loaded (safety is paramount) pick their target and shoot. You have two targets, one close (or one that is considered an easy shot) and one farther out. The closer target can only score par with a bullseye and the scoring gets progressively worse the further out on the ring for that target. The further target- you can score birdie, eagle or double ( depending on difficulty, distance, what is the rest etc ) with a bullseye and progressively worse the further out on the ring. We had deer stand shots, free hand shots, high rack shots, tripod shots, belly crawl and prone position shots and many more ranging from close to 700 yds.

It was a total hit and so much fun we ended up having it every year for the next 7 years. It got real creative. sometimes you let the group watch the shooters and sometimes you want it to be a surprise for the shooters so you keep them out of sight . Over the years we had many different holes, one was a true golf hole. We went out into one of the roller chopped strips and you had to hit a golf ball with a wedge from 125yds out towards the target. Wherever your ball landed, you had to shoot from there. so if you shanked it in the brush, you had to shoot from the brush and it was almost impossible to score. If you were a good golfer, you hit to right in front of the target and scored great. Another we called the coyote. we bought a remote controlled truck at Walmart and taped a target on top of it. When the guys drove up in their jeep or truck, we drove the remote truck down the road, zig zagging etc and the guys would shoot to score. If they hit the truck they were disqualified. One last one we had was the OK Corral. We had six targets set up on the right and six on the left in our cattle pens, you walk in the middle of them with a six shooter in each hand and you have to keep walking shooting at the first, second and so on targets. That was tough. Anyway, I've got tons of ideas and fun things you can do with that. It took us all day to get through 9 holes and some years we just did 6-8 holes. We had lunch in the field, set up fold out tents and chairs in the middle of the day, hung out shot the bull, harassed each other and talked about what was coming up. Finished up the round before sundown then had a huge dinner that night and the winning team got to talk smack for the entire next year.
                          Now that’s cool! If we were all on the same place like y’all were I would definitely try that out! Sounds like a lot of good memories!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Check out T4 Exotics. They are a sponsor

those $650 rams look pretty cool! I'd be stoked to get to hunt one of those as bachelor party, and a memory forever up on the wall.

Comment

My place, Lake Fork Lodge, is a great place for groups like yours. It rents for $995 per night and we have fishing and golf on Fork and upland hunting within a few miles.

Comment

I recommend looking into what we did a few weekends ago. Wasn't a bachelor party, but that would make for a great time if it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X