Looked like a good shot but never found this cull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked like a good shot but never found this cull

I shot this cull a few weeks ago. Its hard to see his rack in the video if that tells you how good he was.

He tried to do a ninja move and jump the string but I was aimed low and thought I hit him in the 12 ring.

There was no blood for about 125 yards. Then I found very little, and I mean little, blood for another 250 yards and then nothing. Me and TxAg and MLank looked for this deer forever and never could find him.

I was shooting Slick Trick Viper Tricks. So far the blood trails that I've got out of them have been awful.

I know this deer is dead somewhere but I should have found him after a short track. I was stumped.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Q2UI4AWAk"]Slow Motion of Whitetail Deer Trying to Jump the String - YouTube[/ame]

looks forward to me, but sure looks lethal though...

Comment

Yeah maybe a little forward

Comment

I would have thought he would be pretty easy to find with that shot

Comment

Forward and high and the deer looked to be rolling away slightly. Probably only got a piece of one lung. What did the arrow look like?

Comment

Looks like it may have hit shoulder. Good video

Comment

The fact that a deer can react that fast to an arrow moving upwards of 300 fps is just amazing

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Looks like it may have hit shoulder. Good video
                I got a complete pass through. Arrow was covered in blood end to end.

Comment

A little above the heart and just the front of one lung maybe ? I think that deer should have been dead, but they can be **** tough ! Sorry you lost him.

Comment

Should be dead for sure. Possibly the movement of both front legs are hindering the exit of the blood from the entrance and exit holes.

Comment

That's a kill shot. Surprised he went more than 100 yards. Unbelievable that y'all were not able to find him. I would feel very good about that shot placement.

Comment

My favorite broadhead

Did yall watch the whole video?...how is that forward and high? Shot looked right on the money.
                        Last edited by TxAg; 12-04-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Should be dead for sure. Possibly the movement of both front legs are hindering the exit of the blood from the entrance and exit holes.
                          Good point

Comment

I got nothing...no pic

Comment

Hi shots typically do not leave a lot of blood if any. The blood pools up in the chest cavity. Also if they are crouching as he was the hide is shifted when the arrow penetrates and when he stretches out to run the hole in the hide and the hole in the ribcage does not line up preventing a blood trail.
                              FYI if you want a professional grade video get QuinticPlayer from Quinticsports.com. It's truly bad a...

Comment

Working...
                              X