Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    We are the UNITED STATES. Freedom if pushed too far leads to segregation. That's where I draw the line. If you wanna do business in this country you must serve the public... All of them...

But you are correct, those aren't libertarian views. True libertarians believe in freedoms even to the point of discrimination, I don't...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So what about the baker? The government forcing someone to abandoned their views, religion and principles isn't discrimination?

Comment

If a third party candidate ever had a chance, I think this is it. Hope to see him on the debate stage. I don't align with a lot of his views, but there are a lot that appeal to me.

I hope he can be seen as the better option than Hillary and Trump that people have been looking for and appeal to both sides.

Comment

I was in Vietnam the last time we had a pres named Johnson. Can't take that risk again. Too danged old.

Comment

We are the UNITED STATES. Freedom if pushed too far leads to segregation. That's where I draw the line. If you wanna do business in this country you must serve the public... All of them...

But you are correct, those aren't libertarian views. True libertarians believe in freedoms even to the point of discrimination, I don't...

Milton Friedman is rolling over in his grave.. True libertarians believe that a business will either be successful or not, and that is only up to that business (not a government regulation). Lets take the cake baker that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding because of religious views. If this cake baker lives in an area that is majority church going folk that feel gays are going to burn in hell, then this cake baker just got a lot of business for upholding the religious views of the bible.. But, if this cake baker was in San Francisco, they will more than likely never make another dime.

Each business has the right to refuse service to anyone, they just have to live with the consequences. But there is no right stating that a person has the right to not be offended.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
            Milton Friedman is rolling over in his grave.. True libertarians believe that a business will either be successful or not, and that is only up to that business (not a government regulation). Lets take the cake baker that refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding because of religious views. If this cake baker lives in an area that is majority church going folk that feel gays are going to burn in hell, then this cake baker just got a lot of business for upholding the religious views of the bible.. But, if this cake baker was in San Francisco, they will more than likely never make another dime.

Each business has the right to refuse service to anyone, they just have to live with the consequences. But there is no right stating that a person has the right to not be offended.

Agreed, but if you read XBow's post he acknowledged that isn't a Libertarian view point. It is, however, a fascist one.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              Agreed, but if you read XBow's post he acknowledged that isn't a Libertarian view point. It is, however, a fascist one.
              I saw that he acknowledged that it isnt a libertarian view. But this is literally one of a libertarians most important views, ther moto is "let us be".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bingo, nailed it.

Comment

I saw that he acknowledged that it isnt a libertarian view. But this is literally one of a libertarians most important views, ther moto is "let us be".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                  Absolutely. Johnson is not a Libertarian.

Comment

Absolutely. Johnson is not a Libertarian.
                    No he's not, he is just like Rubio with the Tea Party..jumps on any train that may get him into office

Comment

Here's my view on government:

1) Provide a STRONG defense for THIS country. I have no problem with military spending for that.

2) Ensure that our borders are truly secure and our immigration laws are followed whatever that takes.

3) Provide for interstate infrastructure.

4). Provide for the TRULY indigent and needy.

5). Take care of our veterans, they deserve it.

Other than that, butt the hell out.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        With the two main party candidates, I'm surprised a third party candidate hasn't been able to capitalize. I'm not sure what Johnson is doing to get his message out, but I just don't hear much about him.

That said, I disagree with a few, but critical, parts of his policy. That includes abortion, legalization of pot and a dangerous easing of border security and reduced military budget. I'm ok with his "state's rights" position on certain things, but national defense is a (the) priority responsibility of the federal government.

I'd still like to see him in the debates, but I wish there was a viable third party candidate in an election ripe for a legitimate third party option.
                        You probably already know this but the biggest obstacle to getting a viable 3rd party is media exposure. It's no secret that elections are lost and won through staying relevant and keeping your face in front of the people. You can't accomplish that without getting media exposure.

With the requirement of 3rd parties to garner 15% polling numbers before they will even be allowed on the debate stage, 3rd parties will continue to struggle to get their platform in front of the many of Americans who don't take the time to research alternatives simply because they cannot be heard. Couple that with the fact that debate moderators also highly influence the exposure candidates get through speaking time and it is a near impossible feat to overturn the current establishment.
                        Last edited by JonBoy; 08-04-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Yes, yes, yes. We have to limit this freedom thing. It can be DANGEROUS!

Comment

So what about the baker? The government forcing someone to abandoned their views, religion and principles isn't discrimination?
                            Indeed it is. What a liberal idea, allow someone religious liberty!

Comment

[ATTACH]804608[/ATTACH]

Comment

This won't be the first election I voted for GJ.
                                I was out on the East Coast for a couple of weeks recently and visited with some old friends. Die hard Dems but good people. They fed me the same line that I hear around these parts about throwing votes to Hillary. A vote third party would put Trump in the Whitehouse.
                                Really what the Libertarians need is to get some good folks into Congress and start a solid voice there.

Comment

Working...
                                X