Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster buck...but it makes me sad!

This is supposedly from a deer farm in Leonard, worth a million bucks. For some reason I just didn't like seeing this big guy. He just seems unnatural and it's almost like he knows it. Honestly, do you think that the genetics are getting out of hand?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314588417.249036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	24863055

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314588462.117517.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	24863056

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314588532.547029.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24863057

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314588581.762580.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	24863058

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree but I would shoot him!

Comment

IMO the deer breeding industry has for most parts became a (you know what) measuring contest where it's who can grow the biggest deer at the youngest age. We all love big deer, but what this image and many others out there depicts just isnt close to being natural. Yes it bothers me that this is what's it's coming to especially because I am in the wildlife management field.

Comment

I've got mixed emotions about deer like that... If I saw him in te wild that would be a way different story but something about him being in a pen just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

It's sad to see that but it's amazing to see the potential bucks have if the genes are right

Comment

Messing with genetics and altering them to accomplish deer like this is wrong IMO.

I would further comment on this but there's no need in ruffling feathers...

Comment

What a shame!

Comment

Not my style, thats all ill say.

Comment

I'd rather see a big typical in a low fence while not using a rage. Hehe. Sorry had to. Lol

Comment

I hate what hunting has turned into...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter004 View Post
                      Not my style, thats all ill say.
                      X2

Comment

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers either and don't get me wrong...if he walked out in front if me, an arrow would be flung in a heartbeat. I know people are doing this for a living and the research that has come from it has probably helped the whitetail population more than I will ever understand. This picture just caught me off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw it on another forum and I still dont like it. And a lot of people did say if they saw it in the wild that most would shoot it but thats the point, you would never see anything like that in the wild.

Comment

Well its not good or bad IMO, it does look unnatural but think about how many of these huge breeder bucks now have their genes floating around the state of Texas in the wild from deer that jumped the fence or got out a hole in it. I look at it like ranching or raising horses, they breed them to be genetically superior and this deer is the outcome of just that. Some say its wrong while others say its ok but regardless its a product of supply and demand in the state, everyone wants larger and larger deer however some dont want to see how that comes about though. No one would bat an eye if this deer cruised under their stand this fall but to see it in a pen is a different story. I always go back to my favorite motto, To Each Their Own

Comment

You said it. Supply and demand. At least they could breed them to have bigger bodies and necks to hold up that heavy rack.

Comment

Working...
                              X