Losing our Lease in Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing our Lease in Victoria

We've just been informed we are losing our lease in Victoria, landowner says he's no longer leasing it out, sounds like he's going to let the kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews have it. Can't blame the guy, it's his land but man this sucks! We've got a great group of guys and we've put in a ton of work improving the place.

If anyone has a lead on a place in the Victoria area I'd love to hear about it, I could fill every spot for you I'm sure.

Headed down this weekend to start taking stuff down.

Rant over.

What is the name of the place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Garcitas

Comment

My buddy looked at place near victoria 700 acres but owner said he leased it to another group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
          Garcitas
          Was this part of a larger ranch?

Comment

Man, sorry to hear that. Victoria and the surrounding area's are hard to pick up a lease in.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks!!! Its tough to find anything there for sure. Ill ask my rancher this weekend though.

Where were you located?

Comment

Always, always after significant improvements have been made. SMH Sorry to hear about this...

Comment

Lease was at the end of Furhman Rd. in Victoria, close so Salem and Hwy 444.

This link would drop you right on our camp house. https://www.google.com/maps/place/28...!4d-96.9401386

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    That sucks!!! Its tough to find anything there for sure. Ill ask my rancher this weekend though.

Where were you located?
                    See the link above

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Good luck

Comment

Brutal. I keeping my fingers crossed that my lease doesnt get yanked. The family is splitting some of the land up and as long as my buddy's dad gets the pasture we are one Ill be good otherwise Ill be picking stuff up off there as well.

Comment

Anybody in need of a big blind, meet me at the ranch on Friday, it can be yours for $600.

4x8 x 6'6" - foam layer in floor for noise dampening, office chairs included.

I didn't have any plans when building this thing, just started putting stuff together and it shows a little bit. However, this thing is super stout (also super heavy) and stood through Harvey when our other blinds didn't.

When I first put it up I didn't have anything to anchor it with and before I could get back to anchor, it fell. One of the 4x4 legs cracked in the fall (actually it cracked trying to stand it back up). I have circled that leg in the picture, it has been replaced but had to replace it from outside the base in a pinch.

Also, I never could find the augers I was looking for to anchor it, the outriggers was my solution and it has worked great.

In summary, this thing is ugly, but also extremely strong and hurricane proof

As Moser would say, this is amateur hour.
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks like I may have it sold already, I closed the classifieds add. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                              We've just been informed we are losing our lease in Victoria, landowner says he's no longer leasing it out, sounds like he's going to let the kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews have it. Can't blame the guy, it's his land but man this sucks! We've got a great group of guys and we've put in a ton of work improving the place.

If anyone has a lead on a place in the Victoria area I'd love to hear about it, I could fill every spot for you I'm sure.

Headed down this weekend to start taking stuff down.

Rant over.
                              We have several openings near woodsborro

Comment

Working...
                              X