Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a question about the drawn hunts. If I apply by myself and get drawn would I be allowed to bring anyone with me but them not hunt? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cstat_hunter View Post
      I had a question about the drawn hunts. If I apply by myself and get drawn would I be allowed to bring anyone with me but them not hunt? Thanks
      Some hunts allow you to bring a non-hunter to the scouting but not during the hunt. Check with the local rules and regulations for the specific hunt area you are looking to hunt in. You will find all the information there. Don't take anybody's word for it. Verify it yourself with the hunt area you are putting in for.

Comment

Mentally prepared to go 0/18 again this year....

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
          Go to amistad national park. You just pay $20 and you can hunt the entire hunting season. There is no drawing all you do is walk in and pay your $20 and you are set for the entire season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
            It's a hard hunt though be prepared to take 40 50 maybe even 60-yard shots you can use a blind to hunt or you can spot and stalk I prefer the spot and stalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
              I'm down fro 51 this year haven't drawn a hunt in 8 years of applying!
              Do you usually apply for that # of hunts each year?

Comment

as of now, i usually only do the antlerless for bannister. Ofcourse time off of work always plays a role for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cstat_hunter View Post
                  All the draw hunts I've been on, if they aren't on your card, they won't be allowed in.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                    I'm down fro 51 this year haven't drawn a hunt in 8 years of applying!
                    51 , I've seen so many posts this year of people applying for 40+ hunts, the unlimited hunt applications are killing the odds.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      All the draw hunts I've been on, if they aren't on your card, they won't be allowed in.
                      This is true. I read it the rules. Now you may have the person that is with you get drawn as a standby, but there are no guarantees.

Comment

Put in for 10 this year, which is way less than I did last year. Drew laguna Atascosa last year, but had a conflict and couldn't go. So I based my applications this year on which ones I could take off for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          51 , I've seen so many posts this year of people applying for 40+ hunts, the unlimited hunt applications are killing the odds.
                          Yes Sir they are. I'm kinda thinking with this "extra revenue" is one reason they are cutting back on hunts and permits.
                          For me, I'm still only putting in for one or 2 and only on ones I know I'm off work on the hunt dates. Just can't see me spending more than 10 bucks on these hunts anymore.

Comment

I usually enter in a 4 draws a week so it feels like I only spend $12...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              Yes Sir they are. I'm kinda thinking with this "extra revenue" is one reason they are cutting back on hunts and permits.
                              For me, I'm still only putting in for one or 2 and only on ones I know I'm off work on the hunt dates. Just can't see me spending more than 10 bucks on these hunts anymore.
                              I feel the same way. I could probably get drawn for something if I spent $150 on applications but then when you add in $80-$130 I might as well buy a sheep tag in NM or deer tag in CO. Plus you can hunt several hundred thousand acres instead of several hundred in one little compartment of a WMA.

Comment

Just submitted applications for my dad and I. Hopefully we get picked up this year. Been about 5 or so years since we hunted public land together.

Comment

Working...
                                X