Crabbing spots in Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crabbing spots in Galveston

Looking for a good crabbing spot(s) in Galveston to take my son. If you know of any "honey holes", please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Matt

Brother good luck- hope you find one for the boy.

Comment

I don't know about a honey hole, but we used to go to Pine Gully park up in Seabrook.
      It's at the end of Red Bluff(Red Bluff and HWY 146, south of Pasadena). There is a decent pier and if you go down about half way you will probably be able to catch some. Haven't been out there in years though.

Comment

We caught quite a few at 8 mile rd on the bay side. Mosquitos were really bad after dark, so we didn't stay long. That was last year though, and I don't do much crabbin.

Comment

We caught a couple nice blues at Rollover Pass a few weeks ago.

Comment

In the fishing report in the galveston paper today it says the crabbing has been good in the surf.The rock groins up and down the seawall should be good

Comment

We went back at the end of June...Went to the Causeway Bridge. Theres a baithouse with a pier..Caught quite a few.

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

We used to go in the surf on west beach and catch god zillions this time of year (no or larger limits then I think). Used chicken necks in nets and empty Chlorox jugs for floats on the nets. Don't keep females with orange eggs though.

Comment

OPCT (Other People's Crab Traps)

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                      You'll get shot doing that ****

Comment

After dark at Galveston State Park.Caught a few last week

Comment

Originally posted by Booger74 View Post
                          Have u ever seen a gun?

Comment

that gulley on Boddecker Rd. off seawall blvd and the South Jetty used to be decent for crabs and floundering at night. not sure how it is now-a-days... been 4-5 years since i did that.

a 12-14ft john boat, couple lanterns, paddles

Comment

Get off at 61st St. and make a U-Turn. Come past Home Depot and take a right on the little street in between Home Depot and Coburn's. Park at the end and walk in. Go past the first couple of ponds and keep to the right past the tracks. They've been getting some good ones back there. You won't do any good in the first couple of ponds. I work in Galveston and hear everyday what the guys are catching over there. Took my kids a couple of weeks ago and did great.

Comment

Working...
                              X