ideas on moving a tower blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideas on moving a tower blind

ok guys, i need some opinions on how to move a tower stand, I have access to a bigger type tractor with a front end load, and my feed pickup for cattle has a bale bed with hay arms on it. I need to move this blind about a 1/2 a mile, how would y'all go about doing it without destroying it or killing somebody laying it over? The ladder is detachable, so that helps. I don't think the tractors bucket will raise up high enough to put the pallet forks underneath the blind an strap it down an drive off, probably going to have to lay it over on a trailer. Will post a pic under this, any an all ideas are welcome, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a 4x6 stand on 10 foot legs i put some 2x12 skids on it and tied on too the skid a pulled it where i wanted to go worked real easy

Comment

Can you bolt(u-bolt) some 2x's down close to by the middle braces to allow you to lift it with the tractor at a lower spot? You can put braces around it on all 4 sides then across in the middle to allow the forks a place to reach to. Then strap it to the FEL.

Comment

Take ladder off place it on skids (4x4) posts cut on an angle. Place a brace across the front of skids. Attach tie strap from brace to the top of the bed of your hay truck do the strap is picking up on the from of the skids. Should work like a charm. That's how I moved my 4x8 wood blind on 10 ft legs. Only moved it about half as far as you are needing too but I'm certain my stand is way heavier than that one.

Comment

How tall?

Comment

Remove ladder and lay it down with rope tied to your truck. Ive done it more than a handful of times and no one has died.

Comment

Here's how we move 'em.

Comment

here is how we do them..
                  1. get 2 straps to feed truck, and leave approx 2 foot slack. tie a rope to bottom of opposite legs snug.also attach to hitch of same truck
                  2. secure a rope to other truck as high as possible. very slowly back up till 2nd truck starts pulling the blind, and slowly pull till straps on 1st truck are tight. disconnect rope from second truck, and move, go back to 1st truck, and let the blind tilt more, then slowly let truck let the blind tilt more. disconnect rope on legs, and slowly lay down, when its close to laid down back trailer or truck under said blind and finishing easing it down.. move and reverse steps... pooof stand moved...

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
                    here is how we do them..
                    1. get 2 straps to feed truck, and leave approx 2 foot slack. tie a rope to bottom of opposite legs snug.also attach to hitch of same truck
                    2. secure a rope to other truck as high as possible. very slowly back up till 2nd truck starts pulling the blind, and slowly pull till straps on 1st truck are tight. disconnect rope from second truck, and move, go back to 1st truck, and let the blind tilt more, then slowly let truck let the blind tilt more. disconnect rope on legs, and slowly lay down, when its close to laid down back trailer or truck under said blind and finishing easing it down.. move and reverse steps... pooof stand moved...
                    This is what I'm talking about. It works.

Comment

As the last two posts have said. Use 2 vehicles, or better yet - lower it down off the leverage of the tractor bucket after using vehicle 1 to start Pulling it down. We've done a few. Never has gone perfect but no one has died.

Comment

Rent a scissor lift but could be expensive for just one stand. My dad and his buddys did one day when moving multiple stands

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys.
                          Prolly will go the 2 vehicle route, cant really put skids on it an drag it cause there are a couple rough spots i dont think that would work to good on.

Comment

10 or 12 of your biggest strongest buddies, 4 cases of COLD beer, 400 feet of good stout ski rope and you sit back under a shade tree and supervise.

Comment

We have a 8 or 10 inch piece of channel iron welded to a bracket that fits the receiver hitch on a top drive. It's adjustable to get the channel just high enough off the ground for transport. Jack up one side of tower, back channel under the legs of tower, use winch and come a long to pull and secure the entire blind to top drive rack and away you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X