• Show
Clear All

Man eaters of kuman should be on every lift

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]867163[/ATTACH]

Comment

Free Online Book

The Adventures of Bigfoot Wallace, the Texas Ranger and Hunter by John C. Duval.

This book is part of the collection entitled: Texas History Collection and was provided to The Portal to Texas History by the UNT Libraries.

Comment

If you're into football and think you know a lot, you'd be surprised at how much you can learn from "TAKE YOUR EYE OFF THE BALL" by Pat Kirwan

I'm not finished with my copy, just got it in the mail last week and I'm only on page 39, but I've already learned a lot in those 39 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by ckamp52 View Post
            im reading "Rough RIders: Theodore Roosevelt, his cowboy regiment, and the immortal charge up san juan hill" but I have always liked books on Teddy
            Theodore Rex by Edmund Morris is awesome. Give it a read if you haven't already.

Comment

Marine Sniper by Charles Henderson. The story of Carlos Hathcock and its freaking awesome.

Comment

Uncommon by tony dungee
                Turner diaries- this book is considered the blue print for the okc bombing. Interesting read of fiction

Comment

Everything Robert Ruark ever wrote. Especially Something of Value.
                  Steinbeck's East of Eden. Far better than The Grapes of Wrath (for which he was awarded the Pulitzer).
                  Death in the Afternoon, Hemingway - nonfiction; the science of bullfighting.
                  All of Grisham's works; I particularly recommend The Confession.
                  Lonesome Dove, Streets of Laredo and Texasville by Larry McMurtry. He can give life to his characters the way no one else can and dialogue can't be matched by anyone - except by maybe McCarthy (see below).
                  Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses trilogy, should be read in order.
                  Stephen Hunter's Bob Lee Swagger trilogy; Point of Impact, Dirty White Boys, Black Light (must be read in order).
                  Prince of Tides and Beach Music, Pat Conroy.
                  The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption written by Stephen King (yep he wrote 'em.)
                  Most of Wilbur Smith's stuff.
                  Nelson DeMille has done some good work; in particular, The General's Daughter and The Charm School.
                  Peter Hathaway Capstick, Death in the Long Grass. Fun reading and expounds upon the difficulties of being a white hunter (though many PH's have said some of his experiences are borrowed and exaggerated).
                  And just for enlightenment purposes; Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do, (nonfiction), the absurdity of consensual crimes in a free society. The quotes contained on every page are well worth the price of the book. Author, Peter McWilliams.
                  Oh... and Louis L'Amour's Last of the Breed.

Those oughta hold you for awhile.
                  Bob Lee
                  Last edited by boblee; 08-09-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Dispatches from Pluto: Lost and Found in the Mississippi Delta by Richard Grant

I'm kinda partial to this as I'm from MS. The MS delta is a special place. I recommend everyone spend at least part of their life there.

Comment

If I don't read for about an hour each night before bed I can't sleep. My brain just won't shut off unless I read, usually fantasy or sci-fi. If I read fiction or history I end up thinking about it too much and then I still can't sleep haha. So fantasy is usually my go to, it sounds crazy, but it works for me.

Brandon Sanderson is probably my favorite. But if you go to https://www.goodreads.com/ it will help you find books you will like in any genre.

Comment

Amazon is about to love me!

Comment

If you liked Marcus's and Chris's books, you need to read Outlaw Platoon. It's balls to the walls the whole time in Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by blntrey3 View Post
                            [ATTACH]867163[/ATTACH]

I liked it, boiled it down to pretty fundamental approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                              Amazon is about to love me!
                              Before you go spending all your protein/corn money at Amazon, check out your local public library.

Comment

I'm reading The Dark Tower now. I think the Bob Lee Swagger series are good. Starts with Point of Impact I believe. It's what the movie "Shooter" is based off of.

Comment

Working...
                                X