New Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
    For you, Scott, I could whip up the St. Patty's Day Special Anniversary model! Solid green, with vertical "barred" black striping! And yes, the "brush holders" are adjustable/removable, and work purty good for attaching brush to. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    So it will be ready by March 2018?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

How'd you get the platform frame round?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome build. I need one!

Comment

A tubing roller, works better on round pipe, but can make due on smaller square tubing. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I just noticed something in that pic...if you look between the legs of that tripod you see a dirt trail. That goes from the privacy fence across the yard to my bow target. That's where I walk back and forth pulling arrows. I walk it so much the grass doesn't even grow there. It takes a lot of work to shoot this bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              I just noticed something in that pic...if you look between the legs of that tripod you see a dirt trail. That goes from the privacy fence across the yard to my bow target. That's where I walk back and forth pulling arrows. I walk it so much the grass doesn't even grow there. It takes a lot of work to shoot this bad!!
              I've had that same thought too many times. But I'm not allowed in the house much so I shoot.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                I have the same in my back yard. It is trampled/matted grass that never grows as high as the rest around it... well it doesn't really grow. But it gets too much rain and sun to be just dirt.

Comment

Rusty you make one fine tripod my friend!!! The quality just gleams from that tripod, the brush holders are brilliant. The time you spent bending the tubing to perfection really is noticeable here.

Back when I hunted South Texas I had an 8' tripod that worked perfect in Live Oak overhanging limbs. May a critter fell victim to that stand.

I know Ryan will put it to good use.

Comment

This is the only pic I could find of one "brushed in". Sorry for the crappy pic, but the lower red circle is a leg, and the other circle is a part of the seat. With brush holders holding brush. I don't use one as much around here, cuz I got plenty of oaks and such for loc-ons. But it works pretty well in the mesquite/low brush type country. Not trying to hijack Ryan, just thought a pic of it "setup, and brushed in" might help... Even one as terrible as this pic! This was my setup at First Point. I thought I sent you several of my setups from my phone, but couldn't find em. And no, I did not add much brush around the legs area, this mesquite just had some additional good brush amongst it, plus I straddled the fork of the mesquite itself. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                    Attached Files

Comment

Still waiting on a pic of it setup!!! Oh, and didn't notice till I just came back and looked at this... Thanks for the compliment Hobble! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        Still waiting on a pic of it setup!!! Oh, and didn't notice till I just came back and looked at this... Thanks for the compliment Hobble! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        I almost set it up today!! I moved that ladder stand I had on the hog waller that I had done the live hog hunts from. I put it about 100 yards away along an old overgrown logging road. I'll start throwing out a little hand corn in there in a few weeks. Then this evening, I went and checked another old ladder stand, but it's not safe to hunt anymore. It's still a good area though so I may stick that tripod in there. I have been having fun shooting out of it in the backyard though!!

Comment

Yeah, they're comfortable to shoot/hunt out of! Now if I could come up with some kinda automatic arrow retrieval apparatus so you don't have to climb down to get em, I could name my price! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Man this is exactly what I'm needing! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                              Man this is exactly what I'm needing! Nice!
                              Thanks!! I think it's gonna work well. I have a spot ready for it, just a matter of getting it out there and setting it up. You may be able to talk ol Spidermonkey into building you one if he's not too busy. I'll say this, it's really well made and comfortable!! I don't think I'll have any problems on long sits with this stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X