Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Joey,

If'n your gonna be shooting high power glass on there, then I recommend you use a Magpul ACS stock instead of the MOE. You will have a hard time getting a good cheek weld with the MOE.
    Mike.....just put the MOE on. Its got a better cheek weld than the M4 stock did.
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Grip?

MIAD?
      MIAD full?
      MOE?
      Other?
      Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
        Mike.....just put the MOE on. Its got a better cheek weld than the M4 stock did.
        I used to run a CTR on mine until I put glass on it and switched to a VLTOR Emod that has the "wings" on it. I'm much more consistent with it. When I put my face to the stock the glass is clear. I used to have to hunt for it when I had the CTR on there. If the ACS had been available at that time, I would have gone that route instead.

Grip?

MIAD?
        MIAD full?
        MOE?
        Other?
        I like the ERGO sure grip, but the Hogue is nice if you like the finger grooves. If Magpul would put a rubber overmold on their MIAD I would be more interested in it.

Comment

Anybody got a Magpul promo code? Or LaRue?
          Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Anybody got a Magpul promo code? Or LaRue?
            never seen either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
              never seen either one.
              Me either. But you can find deals on ARFCOM from time to time. I found a Larue LT-104 for $170 shipped new in the package. They go for $195 + tax + shipping straight from Larue.

Comment

Grip?

MIAD?
                MIAD full?
                MOE?
                Other?
                I'd pick the ergo above those Joey, but if you are set on that, get a MIAD and get the enhanced trigger guard separate. The full has the enhanced but is built into the grip, not as sturdy IMO.

If you are looking for a discount, shop ARFcom's EE like Mike said, looking to get a promo code from those to is like looking for hens teeth.
                Last edited by mesquitecountry; 05-06-2010, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I found a code for Magpul thru G&R Tactics, but it was expired.

LaRue's goody package makes it worth orderin strait from them.
                  Ultramatic Feeders

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Just got email confirmation - Larue OBR in the mail.

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                        I wonder what contract? The US doesn't utilize a 300 win in their arsenal anywhere? Maybe a foreign contract? Doesn't make sense that they would be upgrading the standard 762 can.
                        Actually, yes the 300WM is making in roads to the Army sniper teams for ranges further than the 308 and dont want to carry a .50.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why the military would do that? If I was going to rebarrel why not just buy Lapua's. The 300 isnt that great compared to the LAP and isnt that much difference over the 308, plus they will have to carry another ammo. Of course I want one for a M24 build to hunt with merely because I love the round. But, that's the South Texas boy in me. 300 Win is what you hunt with down here!
                          its easier and cheaper to buy a ctg that can be mass produced easily and not require waiting for mfrs to tool to a new round, when stuff is all over the place for the 300WM already.

Comment

I'd pick the ergo above those Joey, but if you are set on that, get a MIAD and get the enhanced trigger guard separate. The full has the enhanced but is built into the grip, not as sturdy IMO.

If you are looking for a discount, shop ARFcom's EE like Mike said, looking to get a promo code from those to is like looking for hens teeth.
                            This!...I have the ergo tactical grip with the palm shelf and man is that thing comfortable!

Comment

awesome

what was your actual wait time ?

16" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                                awesome

what was your actual wait time ?

16" ?

Heck yeah 16". Why go longer than 16" if this gun is getting the groups its getting with the short barrel?

I ordered the rifle on December 30, 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X