1-4, 1-6, 1-8 AR optic questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a "do all" optic, preferably a low variable power going on a higher end lightweight 16" 5.56 build. Does anyone have any suggestions on what they like the most out of a do all optic

Ranges will be 25' to 300yards , think hogs and coyotes...must be illuminated.

I would really like to stay in the 1-6+ range because my eyes suck.

I have looked at the sig tango 6 1-6
    Vortex razor hd 1-6
    Trijicon 1-8
    Etc

I would like to keep it under $1500

Or, have you found a 2-7, 2-10, 3-9etc to be a better fit?

Thanks

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After putting one on my gun, I'm not a fan of the 24ish mm objective scopes on a hunting gun. They don't gather enough light.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        After putting one on my gun, I'm not a fan of the 24ish mm objective scopes on a hunting gun. They don't gather enough light.

Thanks for your input, I have thought about that too and will keep that in mind.

Comment

I have the Leupold VX-R Patrol, 1x4, with the light up red dot in the middle. Really like the set up on my AR.
          Last edited by KoonceCrushed; 03-17-2017, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Nikon P-223 or M-223

Although I do like the Primary Arms 1x6

Comment

Originally posted by lodgepole View Post
              Nikon P-223 or M-223

Although I do like the Primary Arms 1x6

Looking for premium optics, not putting a $200 optic on a $2500 ar. Once you have good glass you'll never look back

Comment

Originally posted by KoonceCrushed View Post
                I have the Leupold VX-R Patrol, 1x4, with the light up red dot in the middle. Really like the set up on my AR.

I've considered this, but it is not a true 1x. Nice looking for thenproce though

Comment

I have leupold VX6 1-6 multi gun scope with Fire Dot on my SBR and have been extremely pleased with it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie_archer View Post
                    I have leupold VX6 1-6 multi gun scope with Fire Dot on my SBR and have been extremely pleased with it so far.

How is the thickness of the reticle at 6x?

Comment

For a pure hunting scope, I'd go with a bigger tube as mentioned before. More field of view, increased light gathering and greater magnification.

For the 1x6 group, here's my .02

Vortex HD Gen II with the JM-1 reticle sits atop all of my game guns (JP rifles) Great scope, excellent illumination, great glass. I add side mounted irons for 50 yards and closer shots.

The Swarovski's are over the $1500 limit, and after having run a 1x6 and comparing it to the Vortex, I sold it. Glass is very similar to me, and I preferred the set-up, features and reticle on the Vortex.

Not a big fan of the Trijicon variable for the price. I have a 4x that I really like and run side mounted irons with.

Comment

Mine has the CM-R2 reticle in it and I like it alot. On real dark targets in low light I occasionally lose the center dot but never had a problem because the outer circle is illuminated. It works well just put what you want to hit in the center of the circle and fire.

Comment

Just received a trijicon accupower 1-8x in the mail. Playing with it around the house, I like it quite a lot except for the weight. Hopefully I'll get some range time soon to box test it and see how well it illuminates in the daytime.

I also have a bushnell SFP 1-6.5x which is decent, but its eyebox isn't too great.
                          Last edited by sir shovelhands; 03-17-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

With your budget look for quality glass in a 1-4.

Comment

Zeiss just came out with a Conquest v6

Probably in the 1200$ range looking at MSRP

Not sure when they'll hit shelves

Comment

Working...
                              X