No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa Rifle Hunt 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got archery hunt nov 25. We can set up the day before. Not sure on gun hunts. Rut should be end of December . If it stays warm this winter you'll hardly notice

Comment

i got drawn for the archery hunt 25th-29th of November

Comment

The archery hunts allow the scouting day. I don't think the rifle hunts do, but I've never been drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
          The archery hunts allow the scouting day. I don't think the rifle hunts do, but I've never been drawn.
          Scouting is open this weekend and next weekend. Saturday to Sunday both weekends.

I'll probably be out there since I live only 20 minutes away. With 250+ permits, it's going to get crowded so I need to find a few more spots off the beaten path.

Comment

I'll be down there scouting this coming weekend for the archery nilgai hunt on the 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              I'll be down there scouting this coming weekend for the archery nilgai hunt on the 18th.
              Good luck scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                Very nice. You going solo? You hoping for deer or nilgai?
                Going with my dad and another guy. Hoping for a Nilgai but will be happy with deer or hog meat. Sighted in my ol 7mag yesterday and dads 30-06

Comment

Originally posted by casilva43 View Post
                  Going with my dad and another guy. Hoping for a Nilgai but will be happy with deer or hog meat. Sighted in my ol 7mag yesterday and dads 30-06
                  Very nice. I will be bringing my 30-06.

If you want to exchange numbers or email I would be happy to help you guys out if I tag out.

Comment

I finally attached my trailer to my bike and put my GPS ram mount on the bike. Now I'm just praying it isn't wet when I head down there.

Last edited by robie; 11-16-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I am hunting dec 2-6 archery. I will be glad to share any info that I can after the hunt, I always take notes on a hunt. Hit me up about units and spots if you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unrelated note I love the bike set up. I used to race that bike! I'll be out first week of December on archery Hunt with my single speed and with cyclocross tires filled with Stan's

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                          Unrelated note I love the bike set up. I used to race that bike! I'll be out first week of December on archery Hunt with my single speed and with cyclocross tires filled with Stan's
                          Thanks man. Its a great bike even though it is getting old.

Does the cyclocross tires with Stan's work that well? I was just planning on slimming my tires and bringing a spare tube.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFountainBow View Post
                            I am hunting dec 2-6 archery. I will be glad to share any info that I can after the hunt, I always take notes on a hunt. Hit me up about units and spots if you want to.

Good luck on your hunt. Are you on foot? I'm not sure how far I will be able to get back there but I want to check out the more difficult places to reach.

Comment

This will be my first venture down there. I've used Stans for years and will bring slime tubes as a backup. I've never had an issue with Stans though.

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                                Good luck on your hunt. Are you on foot? I'm not sure how far I will be able to get back there but I want to check out the more difficult places to reach.

I am going to bike to the west side of the lake and then hike it into the brush. Hopefully find a few trails to follow.

I have a few spots picked out I am going to head to first. I spotted them on google earth but you never really know until you get on the ground was is plausible.

Comment

Working...
                                X