No announcement yet.

Classifieds observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly there just needs to be a classifieds feedback option. I honestly can’t fathom why there isn’t. It’s built into the web board and keeps people honest.

Comment

That is BS, if you say you will take it you need to take it. I got confused one day buying some boots, I thought the brand of the boots ran small but in reality they ran large. I told the seller I would take them, a few minutes later I realized my mistake. I PM'd the seller asking him for his phone number so I could call and talk to him about it. I told him that I said I will take them and I want to live up to that but if he had anyone else in line to go ahead and sell it to them but I made it super clear that I would pay for them if it put him in any sort of bind. Seller was a nice guy and told me not to worry about it.

What is right is right and people need to live up to their word.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        A while back someone posted a rifle on here that I wanted, several people posted oohs and ahhs and one guy tried to beat the OP up on price, so I just posted that I would take it and pay full amount. I was a dirty bastage after that according to one guy that was not involved in the sale and the other yayhoo that was trying to negotiate a price. The seller posted back on my defense.

If you post something on here that I want, and its a fair price I will buy it. I could give two chits about some jack wagon trying to get a bargain or some goofy azz trade, I will step in line and offer full pop and buy it. Sorry about your luck.
        Agree. If you're trying to negotiate, then you open yourself to someone with their ducks in a row who will pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
          Honestly there just needs to be a classifieds feedback option. I honestly can’t fathom why there isn’t. It’s built into the web board and keeps people honest.
          Where's the Tylenol?

Comment

if yall think this website is bad, check out archery talk, its a tirekickers dream...every buyer that has said ill take it on here has actually followed thru with the sale so ive had good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              If you're trying to negotiate, then you open yourself to someone with their ducks in a row who will pull the trigger.
              Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Depending on what's for sale I want the communications done via PM.

Don't need everyone with access to the classifieds knowing how I spend my money or what types of nice things I've just bought.
                THIS GUY GETS IT.

And even better- no way for self-righteous hooligans to judge your transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  THIS GUY GETS IT.

And even better- no way for self-righteous hooligans to judge your transaction.
                  Hey I don’t judge your purchases!

I’ve had good experiences for the most part

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Fair enough. As a seller, if someone sends me a PM without commenting I don't save them a place in line if others have spoken up and shown interest. Other guys that think they are 2nd or 3rd in line don't know that I got 10 PM's from people wanting to buy it out from under the 1st place guy. I just like to keep all my dealings out in the open. When it gets down to talking about the actual deal, I always do that by phone and not Text or PM. I won't buy from anyone that won't talk to me first.
                    yep, anyone that is not willing to have a brief phone call is not going to be the buyer i'm selling to. it get's real when you get a live voice on the line!

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      The first "I'll take it" means nothing to me. I will sell it to whomever I want to. Somebody got butthurt in the classifieds this weekend because the seller sold it to someone that PMed and the guy that posted "I'll take it" didn't get it. If I post "I'll take it", I've committed to it and will buy it regardless. But...I reserve the right to sell to whomever in the hell I want to, and if that hurts "I'll take it" guy's feelings, then tough crap.
                      I agree 100%. If I get a PM stating "I'll Take It" time dated by the system and it comes before an "I'll Take It" thread REPLY time dated after the PM then the 1st time dated whether PM or REPLY is up 1st. I have had it happen to where it moved all the way to the 4th interested person which came with a thread REPLY stating PM SENT.

Comment

Classified should be a “no reply” forum.
                        If you want something...PM the seller.
                        Until that happens...all the drama will continue

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          A while back someone posted a rifle on here that I wanted, several people posted oohs and ahhs and one guy tried to beat the OP up on price, so I just posted that I would take it and pay full amount. I was a dirty bastage after that according to one guy that was not involved in the sale and the other yayhoo that was trying to negotiate a price. The seller posted back on my defense.

If you post something on here that I want, and its a fair price I will buy it. I could give two chits about some jack wagon trying to get a bargain or some goofy azz trade, I will step in line and offer full pop and buy it. Sorry about your luck.
                          Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Radar, I know you are not a dirty bastage!!!

Well....not because of the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            Hey I don’t judge your purchases!

I’ve had good experiences for the most part
                            Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Well....not because of the classifieds.
                              I am fairly certain you is correct on that

Comment

I’ve sold 2 items recently and had them back out after saying I will take it and then not paying…. I never used to have that problem… One won’t reply to messages…and is a supporting member… The other only says.. Oh.. I’ll get that payment out to you and never does…. I’ve had good transactions with lots of TBH members for years until now…. If you’re not gonna pay for it don’t say “I’ll take it”

Comment

Working...
                                X