No announcement yet.

Lease cost going up .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My south Texas lease between freer and Laredo in 1976 was $150. And now you'd be lucky to find a good quality lease there for $15,000. Too many rich Lawyers and doctors hunting now and regular old Joe can't keep up with the price increases.

Comment

Last word regarding my thread and the increase.
      We have a great lease and I agree its a fair price. I didn't mean to imply that we are unhappy with the cost just the surprise increase.

For two years I was without a lease and spent $5,000 for a weekend (each year) hunt including meals and lodging. Killed an axis and a black buck, no whitetails.

A weekend verse year round access doesn't compare but it was cheaper! Didn't have to pay for gas, corn, protein, food, beverages, etc.......all year round. With that said, I prefer the year round lease.

Thanks for everyones thoughts.

Comment

Lease cost going up .........

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
        I pay about $1000 a year on hunting.

Even if I did have the money for a lease, I still would not do it.

Just my $0.02

You need some change for that 2cents[emoji13][emoji23]

You say that now. If that money is there so is the temptation and possible want to compared to not having a choice..

My 2 cents
        Last edited by Smart; 09-06-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

When you improve the land...you have raised its value for the owner.. and you paid to do it... all for the chance at some big deer.. which you worked hard to manage, spent money to feed, went years without shooting ...all for the hopes of a shot at a mature el grande...
          but usually.. right when you realize...this is the el grande year... the land owner realizes.. this is the el grande year... and hes worth more than that basket rack 8 points you had when you first got on and paid peanuts...
          and he's right.

congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
            Leasing will be the death of hunting. No way I'd ever pay the prices asked for a lease just to sit in the same stand all season for tiny Texas deer.
            I'd love to hear your reasoning for this statement. Not being a smart azz, I just like to hear different points of view.

Comment

...leasing will be the death of hunting...
              What?

There would be no hunting if not for leasing.

Leasing has been around since midieval times....people are still hunting.

The rest of your commentary is about as relevant as the first line.

Comment

On the fisher ranch in graham for 17 years. Couple years back they went up and even wanted extra 1000 to kill a hog the deer went up 1,500 more a year so I kno your pain man.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                  The cost per hunter is not the issue.

Just seemed high for an increase year to year.

The timing is also an issue.
                  I would be ******, is there a lease manager involved?

Comment

The new price is still very reasonable. Consider yourself fortunate to have gotten such a great deal all these years. Good luck on your season!

Comment

I've paid as much as $22 an acre to lease property. so unless you don't like the land you have, I'd just be happy that you have a place to take family and friends.
                      But if you ever give it up, there are plenty of Green Screen Bandits that would love to take over that place for ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X