Chevy S10 or Ford Ranger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy S10 or Ford Ranger?

Anyone have any opinions and why? Buying one or the other in the near future. I like both and aren’t sure which direction to go. I always look for vehicles with 1 or 2 owners and decent mileage

Rick

having owned a ranger for a few years and i had friends with s 10's,,, the ranger hands down was better,, mine was way quieter and tighter than any s10 i ever saw,,, 4 wheel drive worked very well too

Comment

I'd say Ranger, having two different friends that owned them. But then I don't like anything GM, so I could be biased.

Comment

It depends on what year your looking at getting....I had good luck with the s10 platform from back in the 80’s. Lots of people had luck with the newer rangers.

Comment

I'd Make sure it was a standard in either truck.

Comment

My boss has a S10 and it had been a great truck.

-john

Comment

I'm wanting a v6 in either.

Comment

I've only owned one Ford, and it was a ranger. I beat the snot out of it, and it kept coming back for more.

Comment

Ranger hands down the better vehicle. I have driven two of them and they are extremely tough. I am debating getting another used one or waiting on the 2019 model to be released. The older models did not get great mileage but they would go places that you would not believe.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

I had a ranger and my brother had a s10 when we we growing up. The s10 had the better ride but the ranger was a better built truck. We always took my truck hunting when we needed to get somewhere tough. Used his if we traveled anywhere long distance over good roads.

If you are getting this for a ranch truck then the ranger hands down. Everyday driver would have to say s10 (and as a ford guy, I hate to say that)

Comment

I have a 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4 with the 4.0L V6. Drove it in high school and all through college. It has turned into my play truck. When I need to get in tight spaces, I take the Ranger. I consistently haul 1000 lbs of corn through some rough terrain with it. Still going strong.

Comment

I have had 2 Rangers ('88 and '95) and 3 S-10's ('87, '99, '01). I was partial to the S-10's but all were decent little trucks. The 4.3 V6 in the Chevy gets bad fuel mileage so don't buy it thinking you will save on gas. My last Silverado with the 5.3 V8 did better.

Comment

Wow. How bad is bad o. The 4.3 V6? That
                          Was what I was looking at

Rick

Comment

I have had both old school trucks and S10 is my pick.

Reason is S10 is easier to do driveway/garage work on it vs. ranger.

Comment

My second truck is a 1998 S10 4 cilinder stick shift still have it. It has 249 thousand miles only things i have replaced is water pump, and a few baterries.

Comment

Working...
                              X