Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
    Anyone out there trying or have tried building muscle in ketosis or just loosing fat. I tried it in the past and maintained my muscle mass but could not build. I'm going to try 75% fat 20 % protein 5% carb but my protein intake is going to be at least 130gr or 520 calories which is .7 gram of protein per lb of body weight.
    I would up the protein a little more. Fat 65 protein 30 carbs 5.

Comment

I'll start out and give it a try, last time I had a hard time consuming all the calories because the Keto diet makes me feel full all the time. Dropping the fat may help some with that???

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        I'll start out and give it a try, last time I had a hard time consuming all the calories because the Keto diet makes me feel full all the time. Dropping the fat may help some with that???
        It’s worth a shot. Let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Wow! Thanks for the 411.

I stopped Keto last weekend and then got a call from my dr's office about my high cholesterol and wanting to put me on statins. I initially decided to stay off Keto for awhile to see if it self regulated. Then I started researching high cholesterol and am both fascinated and alarmed at what newer studies have revealed about the relationship (or lack of) between cholesterol and heart disease, and yet statin drugs remain the #1 prescribed rx in the US.

If you have cholesterol issues you may find this compelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you have not read "wheat belly", it's worth a read. It talks a lot about the issues caused by the increased intake of "wheat" which lead to obesity and the effects as to cardiovascular health issues along with diabetes. I only have it electronically or I would offer to ship it to you. There are a lot of studies sighted by the author as proof of what is actually the leading causes of obesity and health issues we face today. I have not actually taken the time to read the studies but the evidence offered up by the author appears reasonable to me.

Comment

I'm back in today. Actually, about 18 hours into a fast. Plan to run after work and then have bacon and eggs for dinner which always gets me back in ketosis quickly.
            With not even a full week off, I feel like crap. I just don't have the will power to "eat healthy" when I'm off keto now. The debauchery culminated with stuffed plantains and top shelf margaritas last night but that was celebrating 20 years with the old lady so I give myself a pass.

Comment

I was out for just under a week, with a plan to transition to "clean eating". I could tell a difference in my energy levels during the time I was out and until I got back into ketosis. My biggest problem is that I continue to drop lbs., especially since I've started working to get into "elk shape." I can't seem to consume enough calories! I'm down to 184...6# UNDER my goal weight.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

I was out for just under a week, with a plan to transition to "clean eating". I could tell a difference in my energy levels during the time I was out and until I got back into ketosis. My biggest problem is that I continue to drop lbs., especially since I've started working to get into "elk shape." I can't seem to consume enough calories! I'm down to 184...6# UNDER my goal weight.

That’s a helluva problem to have!!

I took a week off as well to deal with this rash issue. It’s cleared up. I was definitely sluggish all week. Didn’t consume a crazy amount of sugar, but did eat more breads/tortillas and tators. Looking fwd to getting back on the keto train.

Comment

I am starting back up tomorrow. My problem with Keto is always the weekends. I like to have a few whiskey and cokes and it screws me up completely.. Im gonna not drink at all the next 2-3 weeks and see how keto goes

Comment

The young'un is coming home from UT today and all 3 of us plan to keto-melt the summer away. Momma cooked up some bacon and eggs last night and vows to keep keto-friendly snacks fresh in the fridge. New gym memberships and looking at a boot camp too! Meanwhile I'm about to spend the rest of the week fighting temptations in Vegas followed by another booze drenched tradeshow in Tampa next week.

Comment

Yesterday was the end of my 11th week on keto. The scale reads just a little over 51 lbs. lost. My goal is to lose another 30 lbs, but I definitely may not stop there. This really has been the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight. The one thing I haven't done yet is to incorporate exercise in to the equation. I stay plenty busy, but actually want to start exercising to see what happens.

In three weeks we are taking a cruise. I will not worry about keto while we are on vacation. It will be very interesting to see how I feel by not being on keto for nine days. It will also be very interesting to see how I react to alcohol again. I haven't had any in 11 weeks either.

Comment

Double post...sorry.
                        Last edited by wags; 05-14-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Great job man, keep up the hard work. Exercise, especially HIIT will help you loose the last 30 for sure. G-Luck.

Dwight Yoakum knocked me out of Keto Saturday night. I made Fat Head Pizzas for Mothers Day and everyone loved them. Fasting today and should be back in tomorrow. One thing is certain about Keto, that is we are all a little different, I can come back into Ketosis a lot quicker than my wife and I can also have more carbs without getting kicked out. Frustrates her to no end.

Have Ya'll watched "The Magic Pill" on Netflix yet?

Originally posted by wags View Post
                          Yesterday was the end of my 11th week on keto. The scale reads just a little over 51 lbs. lost. My goal is to lose another 30 lbs, but I definitely may not stop there. This really has been the easiest thing I have ever done to lose weight. The one thing I haven't done yet is to incorporate exercise in to the equation. I stay plenty busy, but actually want to start exercising to see what happens.

In three weeks we are taking a cruise. I will not worry about keto while we are on vacation. It will be very interesting to see how I feel by not being on keto for nine days. It will also be very interesting to see how I react to alcohol again. I haven't had any in 11 weeks either.

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post

Congrats on the loss! Wish I could lose that fast.

Comment

Ok guys I keep wavering on if I want to go Keto or just eating clean. I am going to give Keto one full month. I started today and i am gonna be super strict and not drink the next month and see how it goes. My goal is to get down to 190. I’m about 220 right now. Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                Ok guys I keep wavering on if I want to go Keto or just eating clean. I am going to give Keto one full month. I started today and i am gonna be super strict and not drink the next month and see how it goes. My goal is to get down to 190. I’m about 220 right now. Wish me luck.

Best of luck to you Sir. You can get it done

Comment

Working...
                                X