• Show
Clear All

Nice build

Comment

My new stand and fill deer feeder

Originally posted by mason bowhunter View Post
      Here’s the pictures
      Wth am I looking at here?

That cage goes all the way to the ground? What is gonna keep corn from stacking up and sprouting? Lost me???
      Awesome looking feeder otherwise.
      Last edited by RascalArms; 07-25-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
        We got it all set up this morning, just before it got really hot. Now we will check the camera in a week or so.
        Hate to spoil your party here brother....but that coon cage ain’t worth a shiney nickel. The coons use that as a jungle gym and can reach that gate style spinner plate. Trust me
        Last edited by RascalArms; 07-25-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Looks great man!

Comment

Here’s how I build them along with some other tremendous ideas from fellow TBHers.

Comment

Man oh man! Houston we have a coon Problem! This weekend a new varmint cage is getting built. My son and I snuck out to the woods yesterday to see if a hog would show up to the feeder. When I pulled the card I noticed a reoccurring theme... I will post some pics tomorrow. About 9 pm every night the coons show up and sling as much corn as they want. Shortly there after a hog about 250 shows up and eats his fill. Then a dozen or so eater hogs show up and hang out until it is all gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
                Man oh man! Houston we have a coon Problem! This weekend a new varmint cage is getting built. My son and I snuck out to the woods yesterday to see if a hog would show up to the feeder. When I pulled the card I noticed a reoccurring theme... I will post some pics tomorrow. About 9 pm every night the coons show up and sling as much corn as they want. Shortly there after a hog about 250 shows up and eats his fill. Then a dozen or so eater hogs show up and hang out until it is all gone.
                Wow...who would have thought? Hard to believe.

Comment

I think you already knew from reading this thread that the varmit cage was in trouble. Good job on building your feeder. This is a very well described and detailed build also. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Comment

That is just a sample of what the nightly party looks like.

Comment

Change your varmint guard and read this thread. That many coons can be funfir you and the boy with the Duke dog proof traps.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Hate to spoil your party here brother....but that coon cage ain’t worth a shiney nickel. The coons use that as a jungle gym and can reach that gate style spinner plate. Trust me
                          Building almost an exact copy, but with a double varmint cage. One outer cage from the barrel out to the ground, and a small inner cage like normal. Hope it works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            Building almost an exact copy, but with a double varmint cage. One outer cage from the barrel out to the ground, and a small inner cage like normal. Hope it works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I am going to make a few revisions tomorrow.

Comment

Now I just have to figure out how I want to put the wire in the panels.

Comment

Looking awesome!!

Comment

Working...
                                X