Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a couple in Wharton county in the 50s...but none since

Comment

Back in the late 70s, my dad killed one in Del Rio of all places. The ranch had natural springs on it and had an incredible oasis growing around it. Never did understand why my dad shot it but he has always liked killing stuff, lol. I was pretty cool to see it up close I have to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Back in the late 70s, my dad killed one in Del Rio of all places. The ranch had natural springs on it and had an incredible oasis growing around it. Never did understand why my dad shot it but he has always liked killing stuff, lol. I was pretty cool to see it up close I have to admit.
        Just as strange, I killed a beaver in Del Rio back in the early 80's... There were actually quite a few there... First duck I ever killed with my bow was a WOOD DUCK in Del Rio!! Would have never thought there'd be wood ducks there either!!

Comment

Wood duck's in del Rio I would have never thought they would be that far West

Comment

we have mink in Grayson County

Comment

Caught one in a box set once. Thought it was dead so I grabbed it by the back end to pull it out.

Them teeth ain't big but they are sharp. The leather glove wasn't much protection. Mom was sure I'd get rabies.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen them along the rock wall in the East side of Sabine Lake. Kept seeing something dart in and out of the rocks, finally got a good enough look to see it was a mink. Only time I’ve seen one in person.

Comment

I trapped them for years along the lower Sabine. You have to set your trap at the waters edge and staked in the water. They will drag the trap in the water and drown. Otherwise they chew their toes off every time. Mean little suckers.

Comment

I've seen several here in central Texas on the north San Gabriel river.

Comment

Used to se an occasional mink on our place in Red River County. We had 2 otters move into our 10 acre pond in front of our deer cabin one year. We thought they were fun to watch until we saw one on the bank with a 5 pound bass in its mouth one day. They had to go after that.

Comment

Beaver and nutria along the southern border of Texas but I don’t believe I have ever seen a mink. My brother had several large beaver hides tanned out with the tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X