What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Keystone 294BHS
    Currently pulling it with a 2016 LTZ Suburban with the Max towing package.
    Before the 2016 it was a 2007 LTZ with the towing package that I pulled it with.

Bought it brand new and love it. Been all over Texas.
    I keep it at a covered storage place during the off season and we hit up the state parks and other places. I take it to the lease and leave it for the season.

I miss being in that trailer. Its just fun
    Attached Files

Comment

I love this thread, good info

Comment

I'm going to pass on some info for the new guy just getting their first tongue pull. We have had a couple pop ups and small bumper pulls over the years with our current Rockwood being the largest and heaviest. We purchased weight distribution bars and sway bar first thing. Ours weighs a little over 4K with a tongue weight of 500. I purchased the 1k bars because I thought bigger was better, right? Wrong! The trailer bucked and bounced all over the place making towing over 53mph scary as crud!!! We now have 600# bars and the ride is very smooth.

Two lessons learned on our first trip out, match your equipment as closely as you can to your rig and #2, be sure and inflate all tires properly and matching!!! Do this and it will be a breeze. Oh, and properly match your tow vehicle.

I hope this help someone. I white nuckled for over two hours before I realized we had a low tire (only 5#'s low. 45 instead of 50 on the trailer) and made a huge difference

Life is too short so live each day as if it were your last! ~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          We have a "What cigar", "what gun did you buy", and a "what beer", why not add a RV to the "what's"?

I know many of us own, have owned, or want to own a RV be it a pop-up or motor coach. Share your likes, dislikes of your model as well as places you love to go to and ones you won't return to.

We recently purchased a 2017 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S and love it thus far though towing in high winds cause a great deal of white knuckling even at 55mph. We are now on a first name bases with our brown truck driver and should buy stock in Amazon! Many things to purchase in order to make the RV exactly what we want.

A couple weekends ago we went to Meridian State Park and hooked up with members of a R-Pod Owners group. We had a great time visiting and relaxing.

On the way back home just outside Marlin on Hwy 6 is a great little rest stop that we plan to "boondock" at in the future.

Lastly for now, here's what our floor plan is. Perfect for me, Robin, and our little pup.

Would anyone be interested in getting together sometime? Maybe have a little rally?

Sure we would love to meet have a TBH RV rally sometime. In

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
            Sure we would love to meet have a TBH RV rally sometime. In

Sweet!

Another MUST purchase item is a mattress topper! We got this one and the difference is night and day.

Comment

Tagged for info

Comment

I have gone from:

Tent to
                small pop-up
                big pop-up
                Truck Camper
                18 foot camper
                28' camper
                Truck camper

Last edited by BrianL; 11-03-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                  Sweet!

Another MUST purchase item is a mattress topper! We got this one and the difference is night and day.
                  I just went with full replacement. This thing is every bit as comfortable as my home serta icomfort which was 5 times the price.

Comment

When I first started looking for my first "real" trailer, (had 2 at hunt camps that had to stay at hunt camps), I was sold on a model that had 2 separate bathrooms. I could not afford a trailer at the time nor could I get credit, but I knew what I wanted. After a few years and I was able to finally get a trailer, the manufacturer had stopped making them and the only new or used one I could find left was in Canada. I did everything I could to find a way to get that trailer but I could not work it out. Last year, the stars finally aligned and I was able to get a trailer. After much research, I decided on a 2015 Forest River Surveyor and I could not be happier. I have mainly taken it to Lake Livingston but for NYE last year, I drove to Missouri to spend a week with friends and it pulled like a dream. Even though there were some white knuckle times in the high winds and storms in OK and MO, everything worked out great. I am actually looking forward to a longer trip and seeing some parts of West Texas that I have always wanted to see. My buddy also talked be into a new truck prior to the trailer purchase, and I am glad I listened.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We got a 37' Crossroads Reserve this summer. It's got the bunk room in the back. The kids love it! I got a new phone and lost my pics of it but the layout is below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Redwood Cypress
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here is our current one. It's for sale because the wife and kids are ready to upgrade again. Personally I think this one is about as nice as I need.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAMPER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	24469743

Generous gift from my sis and BIL.

Comment

Nice rigs boys

Comment

Started out with a 27 foot travel trailer.

Decided to go full time and got Fleetwood 40 footer.

Have been to all of the lower 48 states in the last 27 months.
                                Last edited by 41Chevy; 11-03-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X