Banking Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banking Account

I just send money to different accounts myself. Takes just a couple minutes. I like to see my paycheck amount in my account on payday to make sure everything is kosher.

Edit:

What I get deposited is the amount after taxes, 401K, etc are already deducted.

Skinny
    Last edited by Skinny; 05-02-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Yup, the city takes out for insurance, retirement and my 457 plan. Whatever it’s left goes into three accounts.
      #1 - Checking account for bills and spending money
      #2 - savings account for emergencies
      #3 - Fun money for big purchases and hunting season

Comment

I split my wife and I’s checks into 3 different accounts.

Comment

We have 5 Accts. Dd goes to my acct and then I have an automatic withdraw to my savings and both of my daughters savings. And a manually move a percentage into our joint acct. and my wife also has her own acct. works for us. I put 25$ a week into my daughters accts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 3 as well.

Comment

That is one way of doing it. I have three accounts but only two accounts receive funds. Checking and Expense Checks. I move funds to a third with is a savings account. I use all three if and when needed.

Comment

Kind of like don’t put all your eggs in one basket

Comment

Banking Account

Mine all goes into our checking account, then I have it set up to automatically transfer money into 3 different savings accounts. One weekly, one biweekly, and the other monthly. This is of course after my 401k contribution, insurance, health care fund, and extra income tax is taken out.

Comment

I have 3 accts at same bank, check is DD into one, a savings, and one with a debit card that only 200$ is kept for daily use.
                    My card has been hacked 3 times, although we do eventually get it back, the inconvenience beats waiting to verify I didn't buy purses at Nordstrom in new york.

Comment

We do 3. One for groceries and daily living with a budget, one for monthly bills and one for savings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

I split my take home check between 4 accounts every other Friday.

Personal checking
                        Emergency/Mortgage
                        play
                        Brokerage

Comment

We have a joint account together. Then we each have a savings account. Then I have a fun account that my wife knows about, but has no idea how much money is in it.

Comment

We have a joint account that both DD go into every 2 weeks. This is for any spending that is not budgeted as part of our monthly expenses, has a savings/baby account and an emergency account attached to it. Also have a delegate account that has an auto transfer set up from 1st account that we use only for our mortgage/bills (utilities, groceries, fuel, vehicles, etc)

Works for us and it’s something that gets adjusted Saturday mornings

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                              Does anybody do any weird tricks with there checking accounts? A co-worker of mine has his direct deposit going into 3 different bank accounts. 1st account is for bills, mortgage etc living off of.
                              2nd account is for play money
                              3rd account is for saving.. Which he does not have a debt card for and doesn’t get money out of unless he absolutely has to.. Ive never heard of someone doing this I found it strange but also interesting

I know folks who do this. Not to change the subject but have you found a career change yet?

Comment

I have it go to 3 accounts

Comment

Working...
                                X