No announcement yet.

plans for pvc ground blind , right here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man thats great.....thanks for the info and pass along!!!!!

Comment

thanks

Comment

I made something similar for a bow blind. Got the idea from DaisyBell's post: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ht=cheap+blind It's a great idea for a quick weekend setup. Unfortunately I tried to make it my blind for the season and (probably because I cut shooting windows in that same material) the wind tore it up. I'll try and post pics later.

Pablo

Comment

looks cool. I may try it.

Comment

Hmmm, I may have to try something similar for a simple portable duck blind for the marsh.

Comment

Thanks for info!!

Comment

I did something simular around my Tripod. I setup the tripod in the middle of a small tree that had some cover but really needed more cover. So I mad several pieces all around the tripod and attached it to the tree and made it go over the top of the tripod as well. Then I draped army surplus camo over it and then I cut holes in it for shooting windows. It works really well and the deer don't even look at it. When the leaves was still on the tree it was hard to even see. Now you can see it but it is hard to see if anyone is setting in it or not.

Comment

double post, slow connection.....
                  Last edited by Bowtech32; 11-19-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Looks sweet!

Comment

BT32 - so that explains it! I went over there the other morning before we left to see where its at (great location, btw) and saw this mass of chaos up in a tree. When I realized it was your stand, I thought maybe a huge gust of wind had blown your quad up into the tree. I sat there and studied it through the binoculars for a little while trying to figure out what was what. Makes perfect sense now. Good luck next week.
                      Last edited by Heron; 11-19-2009, 10:02 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Back to the original topic, the pvc got me to thinking about the tent frame I have for an old Eureka tent. It has aluminum shock corded poles, it's light weight and it's easy to set up. I may try to use it as a ground blind by draping camo material over the frame.

Comment

Thanks for passing along some great info brother, the wheels are turning!

Comment

I like the concept behind this project. I do think the nylon rope is not needed and it would also need some cross bracing on the top to help hold up the netting.

Comment

makes me wish this type of anti theft system was available here...
                              IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Working...
                              X