No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the same thing!! That buckle is huge. Riley never rides wearing a buckle. She had one get caught on the saddle horn once and dang near caused a huge wreck. Congrats to Sarah!!!!

Comment

Well my daughter had a strong pole and barrel run last night in Gustine. Don’t know where she placed but she ran good. Riding there again tonight and tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
        Well my daughter had a strong pole and barrel run last night in Gustine. Don’t know where she placed but she ran good. Riding there again tonight and tomorrow night.
        How did she end up over the weekend?

Nothing for us this past weekend. She has a break until the 9th.

The Wimberley 4H puts on a rodeo every year for a fundraiser on Memorial Weekend, so I was busy helping out with that all weekend. My kiddo helped out as well at both the contestant gate and the concession stand.

Comment

Riley's at the JR High Finals this week. Weird that she isn't running Barrels. She missed qualifying by 1 point. But considering she ran her roping horse at 9 out of the 12 rodeos cant be to disappointed. She has really been working out with the battle rope and it shows. She has really slimmed down and toned up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	State1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	24540148

Click image for larger version

Name:	state2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	24540149

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
            How did she end up over the weekend?

Nothing for us this past weekend. She has a break until the 9th.

The Wimberley 4H puts on a rodeo every year for a fundraiser on Memorial Weekend, so I was busy helping out with that all weekend. My kiddo helped out as well at both the contestant gate and the concession stand.
            My daughter did ok for the long weekend of rodeo. She finished 6 place out of 35 in the barrels on the 3 day average and she finished 4 place out of 28 in the poles. She had a couple of hiccups but she ran strong for 3 days. It rained Friday night so that slowed everything down.

She has been riding the new horse in practice so I would imagine in the next few weeks she will ride him in the rodeo. We have been hauling him already with us to get him used to the road. Picking up a new to us gooseneck 3 horse trailer this week

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              Riley's at the JR High Finals this week. Weird that she isn't running Barrels. She missed qualifying by 1 point. But considering she ran her roping horse at 9 out of the 12 rodeos cant be to disappointed. She has really been working out with the battle rope and it shows. She has really slimmed down and toned up.

[ATTACH]909640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]909641[/ATTACH]
              This is over in Gonzales isn't it? My neighbors kids are there competing. Let me know what days she runs and I might be able to swing over there and watch.

My daughter did ok for the long weekend of rodeo. She finished 6 place out of 35 in the barrels on the 3 day average and she finished 4 place out of 28 in the poles. She had a couple of hiccups but she ran strong for 3 days. It rained Friday night so that slowed everything down.

She has been riding the new horse in practice so I would imagine in the next few weeks she will ride him in the rodeo. We have been hauling him already with us to get him used to the road. Picking up a new to us gooseneck 3 horse trailer this week
              That's still a good weekend. Hopefully this new horse works out for her.

Comment

This is over in Gonzales isn't it? My neighbors kids are there competing. Let me know what days she runs and I might be able to swing over there and watch.

That's still a good weekend. Hopefully this new horse works out for her.
                She's is tying goats tonight.

Comment

She's is tying goats tonight.
                  What time does it start? I will be in New Braunfels until 7pm. You gonna be out there?

Comment

What time does it start? I will be in New Braunfels until 7pm. You gonna be out there?

I think it starts at 6. I won't be able to make it. Dad has to work to help pay for all this lol

Comment

I think it starts at 6. I won't be able to make it. Dad has to work to help pay for all this lol
                      I hear ya there. If it starts at 6 I doubt I can get there quick enough.

Comment

Hope some of y’all can make it. If you’d like to donate something for the silent auction and raffles contact me on here or at 361-675-6302. Thanks and God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well Abbey took 1st place in the poles last night at a rodeo in Mullin

Comment

My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend

Comment

My daughter had a great weekend of rodeoing. She won the poles on Friday night and got some cash. Ran her fastest time ever in the barrels on Saturday night and finished one spot out of the money. She was flying through the poles on Saturday night but knocked over the last pole. If she would have been clean she would have won poles again. Got a rodeo in Goldthwaite this coming weekend
                              Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.

Comment

Good Deal. Riley had the Jr High Finals last week and it didn't go as planned. Friday she was in Weatherford trying horses. Think we found one that will take her to the next level. Getting Vet checked this week. He has over $40k in PRCA earnings which is what w were looking for. Sat she ran in the CPRA Rodeo in San Saba. Made a nice run but not in the money. This week she will Run in Stephenville Tuesday night, Llano Friday night and Bandera Sat night. If we get this new horse we will really make a push to get to the CPRA finals.
                                Great. Hope you find a good horse.

My daughter has been loping the 6666 horse through the barrels for a couple of weeks now and looks good. She rode the mare yesterday as well and looked great. Excited to see what she will do with these two new horses

Comment

Working...
                                X