No announcement yet.

Time to get serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot a 64" bow and have no problem shooting in a Maverick blind!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Is it on the ground or on a platform?

Gary

Comment

One on the ground, and one on a platform, but not raised. I do not own one, but a friend has them on his ranch. I killed a doe out of the one on the platform earlier this season.

Bisch

Comment

I have to sit back against the wall so the bow is in the middle or can't a little. No that is just me trying. Haven't shot out of it yet.
          Marty put one of his on an elevated platform. Wonder if he has killed anything out of it yet.

Gary

Comment

I don't think I would like the Maverick on an elevated platform. The windows are not low enough for real close shots. I have to sit way back too, but that is because I have somewhat of a swing draw. It works just fine sitting on the far side and shooting thru the openings.

Bisch

Comment

Well I wasn't thinking traditional when I set it up. A 30" Carbon Spyder was doing fine. Not sure how I talked myself into this.

Gary

Comment

I have a Krivoman blind that I put my own windows in. They are low enough that it would work fine if elevated. That is a beef I have with just about all mfgrd blinds. They put the windows so high that you can see the sky fine, but they interfere with really close shots, esp when elevated. I don't care about seeing the sky. If most were the same size, but 6" lower, it would really help trad folks out.

Bisch

Comment

Just give that big boy another year or two. You'll have a trad trophy to be proud of, fer sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to build some for our ranch of square tube and R panel. Three 12"x24" wingows. The bottom of the windows will be 24" off the floor. Going to put the on 10' platforms.

Gary

Comment

Go get em! And good luck!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161202_074355.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24474011
                        This buck will be a bruiser in two years. I have hand corn east of me from 10 to 12 yards. The deer at the feeder are to far for me with the recurve.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          I have a Krivoman blind that I put my own windows in. They are low enough that it would work fine if elevated. That is a beef I have with just about all mfgrd blinds. They put the windows so high that you can see the sky fine, but they interfere with really close shots, esp when elevated. I don't care about seeing the sky. If most were the same size, but 6" lower, it would really help trad folks out.

Bisch
                          Yep. My biggest beef is the windows too. It is one reason why I like the plastic folding chair; they are a bit taller and posture wise, it gets your butt 3-4" higher off the ground than those fabric bag chairs.

The pop-up blind I keep around has side windows that are vertical windows rather than horizontal. It's the only one that I keep a bag chair stored with.

The other pop-up blinds that are good, are the ones where you can adjust the whole window up down.

Comment

I have a chair and cushions plenty high. But the ceiling contact is an issue. I'm going to take my target over there and work a few shots out of it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              I have a chair and cushions plenty high. But the ceiling contact is an issue. I'm going to take my target over there and work a few shots out of it.

Gary
                              That is exactly my point! If the windows were the correct height (i.e. lower), you would not need to pile cusions up to get high enough to shoot at close stuff, and hitting the ceiling would not be an issue.

Bisch

Comment

We have a blind that I love to hunt out of that we are going to rework in the offseason by raising the roof. Fortunately my lease mates are understanding (and are engineers as well) and we've done a lot of measuring of window height/roof height, etc for future blinds, etc.

Trad hunting struggles are real!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X