2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Got the call today that the new home for my APR builds is ready and will be shipped. Now I just need to find time to go get the guns! At least I will have a comfortable place for them to stay. I ordered this baby at SCI in Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I’m rethinking where I went wrong in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Wow! I’m rethinking where I went wrong in my life!

I’m up here about to do a csection. Been at work since 7 am and had a two hour meeting with attorneys mixed in there. I’m not on call and this isn’t even my patient. But I’m here. I have a great life but it took a few extra years of school, a few nights in the library and some long nights here at the hospital to get there.

Comment

I’m up here about to do a csection. Been at work since 7 am and had a two hour meeting with attorneys mixed in there. I’m not on call and this isn’t even my patient. But I’m here. I have a great life but it took a few extra years of school, a few nights in the library and some long nights here at the hospital to get there.

I should have been an attorney[emoji23]

Comment

Got the call today that the new home for my APR builds is ready and will be shipped. Now I just need to find time to go get the guns! At least I will have a comfortable place for them to stay. I ordered this baby at SCI in Vegas.

I have looked at those, they sure are pretty

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I have seekins mediums on mine with a 44mm leupold and could have easily gone low rings. FWIW talley said I could use low but I dont know the difference or how each manufacturer measures.
            Nice safe. I went back up looking at yours appears there is about a 1/4" to play with. 44mm vs 50mm will bring the scope 3mm closer and the mounts are about 2mm in difference. I want it close but not too close I went ahead and ordered lows and meds to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
              Nice safe. I went back up looking at yours appears there is about a 1/4" to play with. 44mm vs 50mm will bring the scope 3mm closer and the mounts are about 2mm in difference. I want it close but not too close I went ahead and ordered lows and meds to play with.
              At least a 1/4. I could measure for you but if you've ordered both you'll be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                At least a 1/4. I could measure for you but if you've ordered both you'll be set.
                Thanks. I post a pic when I get the rifle and set up.

Comment

Well, I got my call today. Hope to see my rifle by next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Well, I got my call today. Hope to see my rifle by next week.
                    I know you told me but what you getting?

Comment

The 6.5 CM, I almost got another 7mm-08 but the one I have is still a good shooter. I just keep it for a back up rifle.
                      Last edited by Radar; 06-19-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post

So other than my rings are too high(med), I’m happier than a puppy with two peters! It’s wearing the AAC can just until my TBAC in FDE stamp arrives.

What type of bipod is that?

Comment

My barrel and stock are in just waiting on short actions. .22 Creedmoor

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            What type of bipod is that?

Atlas CAL

Comment

Alright, time for another update!

Long actions w/mag bolt face - We received another shipment yesterday! It looks to be just enough to cover the remaining TBH builds. Started dropping those into production this morning.

Long actions w/standard bolt face - Finally got an update on those and it looks like they should be here by the end of next week.

Short action stocks - Grayboe delivered several of the missing ones on tuesday and the rest are coming.

Short actions - Still have not received the latest shipment, but we are still working through what we have at the moment.

So mostly positive news for the week. We have had one unexpected issue holding things up this week. The supplier for the pins in our bottom metal ran out of stock. They will be back in stock on 6/30 and shipping out to us at that point. What that means is that the S/A builds currently in production are going through the entire process, but are being held up at the end awaiting this part so we can install the bottom metal. We currently have 14 TBH builds sitting there awaiting this part before we can give you the call. More are being added to that pile daily. The good news is that we have them bedded, fitted and test fired ready to go the second they come in. It's probably going to look like Christmas morning in the picture thread when these pins come in. And I imagine our UPS guy is going to need a bigger truck that day.

Thanks,
                              Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                                Alright, time for another update!

Long actions w/mag bolt face - We received another shipment yesterday! It looks to be just enough to cover the remaining TBH builds. Started dropping those into production this morning.

Long actions w/standard bolt face - Finally got an update on those and it looks like they should be here by the end of next week.

Short action stocks - Grayboe delivered several of the missing ones on tuesday and the rest are coming.

Short actions - Still have not received the latest shipment, but we are still working through what we have at the moment.

So mostly positive news for the week. We have had one unexpected issue holding things up this week. The supplier for the pins in our bottom metal ran out of stock. They will be back in stock on 6/30 and shipping out to us at that point. What that means is that the S/A builds currently in production are going through the entire process, but are being held up at the end awaiting this part so we can install the bottom metal. We currently have 14 TBH builds sitting there awaiting this part before we can give you the call. More are being added to that pile daily. The good news is that we have them bedded, fitted and test fired ready to go the second they come in. It's probably going to look like Christmas morning in the picture thread when these pins come in. And I imagine our UPS guy is going to need a bigger truck that day.

Thanks,
                                Robert
                                Thanks for the update Robert. Looks like the 300WSM will be one of the last. Build ‘em right, and no hurries!

Comment

Working...
                                X