No announcement yet.

Long Time Member - New Sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw your Facebook page the other day. Kudos and good luck to ya bud. Wish I had some land for you clear

Comment

Congrats and good luck Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff! Best of luck Matt

Comment

Congratulations and best of luck to you bud. I hope you do well. It’s a fun gig. I’ve enjoyed the hell out of it since I started. Keep that machine clean and greased. Always remember, no matter what they tell you, that brush pile most likely has barb wire and concrete blocks in it somewhere.

Comment

I sure wish these TBH guys had mulchers when I needed one on our place. It took the guy I 'hired' 4 months to get to a 2 acre tract and was still there off and on for 3 weeks

Comment

That looks great.
              Good luck, Matt.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                  Congratulations and best of luck to you bud. I hope you do well. It’s a fun gig. I’ve enjoyed the hell out of it since I started. Keep that machine clean and greased. Always remember, no matter what they tell you, that brush pile most likely has barb wire and concrete blocks in it somewhere.

For sure! Hope you didn’t learn the hard way. My uncle has a lease pasture that he wants the piles mulched. My plan is to pick them apart with the grapple bucket first if it pans out.

Downed trees are fun too. It got a little western when I was mulching around it and drove the left tracks up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                    Pretty flexible right now. Right now I have some bids out for my neighbors out in the Junction area.

Working on bid to do some work in South TX cleaning up some deer lease senderos.

Will be in the Port O’ Connor area doing some dirt work and clearing a lot in the near future.

I live in Spring so anything in North Harris County and surrounding areas will be convenient.

It doesn’t hurt to ask me. If I can group 3-4 days of work in the same area I will consider it.

Thanks buddy. We need to grab a beer soon.

Matt, I had a laugh at your expense at the Holman picnic the other day. The family and I were in the drive through pickup line and I rolled down the window and yelled at you over the polka music. You gave me that nervous, I don't know you wave back.

Might have to give you a call next year. We bought some acreage off of Guenther and working on building a house. I plan on doing more cleanup once we are in and settled.

Good luck on your new venture!

Comment

Pricing . . By the hour, size, or ? . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        Matt, I had a laugh at your expense at the Holman picnic the other day. The family and I were in the drive through pickup line and I rolled down the window and yelled at you over the polka music. You gave me that nervous, I don't know you wave back.

Might have to give you a call next year. We bought some acreage off of Guenther and working on building a house. I plan on doing more cleanup once we are in and settled.

Good luck on your new venture!

I was like hey Chad, and then I was unsure for a second. As you drove off I convinced myself it was you

Sounds great. I’m hoping I can stay busy around there and maybe move back home sooner than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                          Pricing . . By the hour, size, or ? . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 day(8 hour machine time) minimum most of the time. It’s a lot of work to unload and load the machine for an hour of work. I will consider all jobs. If I have a couple small jobs in the same area I will be work with the customers that don’t have 8 hours of brush to clear.

I’m going to try to stay away from quoting by size because so many factors dictate how long it will take. Depends on the terrain, size of the brush, but trees that are being left, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                            1 day(8 hour machine time) minimum most of the time. It’s a lot of work to unload and load the machine for an hour of work. I will consider all jobs. If I have a couple small jobs in the same area I will be work with the customers that don’t have 8 hours of brush to clear.

I’m going to try to stay away from quoting by size because so many factors dictate how long it will take. Depends on the terrain, size of the brush, but trees that are being left, etc....

Doing a day rate is your best bet. That is what has worked best for me. I alwaYs tell the customer if it is a multi-day job, I’ll offer them a discount. If it is a single day, I charge $x,***.00 per day. Do not haggle price with them. Give them your rate and if they don’t like it, move on. What the customer gets in return for the service we offer is outstanding. Work that would take them weeks or months to do by hand. And when they tell you “ I can hire a dozer for $75/hr”......tell them to go ahead and do it. By the time they pay to have it cleared, the piles burned or buried, then deal with all the exposed dirt and erosion, they would have been better off paying us. I’ve learned real quick that you have to know when certain customers aren’t worth your time.

Comment

Stolle / Trevor....PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                                I’ve learned real quick that you have to know when certain customers aren’t worth your time.
                                There is some business you can't afford to keep.

Comment

Working...
                                X