What kind of grass to plant? Kimble County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of grass to plant? Kimble County

Ok so just got my place cleared off and shredded and want to put some seed down for ground cover ... What so y'all plant in the hill country? Will only be able to water every couple of weeks and when the good lord brings us moisture....

Looks like you want the kind that doesn't need water ------- and lots of em. !!!!

It'll sure look good when it comes in

Comment

Call Native American Seed or go to their website seedsource.com. They are located in Kimble county and have several different seed blends to use. Ask for Z. She is very knowledgeable, but I am sure most of them there are.

Comment

Also try Turner Seed 800 722 8616

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          Also try Turner Seed 800 722 8616
          Call and speak with Jay. They have a native seed blend that looks to be very good.

Comment

Second on Native American Seed

Comment

Agree on Native American Seed. Gonna be tough to get germination without supplemental water or spending a pretty penny planting it with preferred machinery. Good product but hurts the pocket when planting on the landscape scale.

Comment

I would just plant a few more rocks and call it zero-scaping. :-)

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys... Called both turner and native american ... Gotta get a little more work done on the place and it will be ready.... Both Companys are willing to Help..

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                    I would just plant a few more rocks and call it zero-scaping. :-)
                    trying to cover up the rocks....

Comment

If you get a couple rains on it, some seed should start popping up and you may not really need to reseed.

Comment

Suppose to be getting more rain this week

Comment

Ask ur local Master Gardener

Comment

Thunder turf from Native American seed is an awesome product

Comment

Working...
                            X