Picked up a Canon 10-22mm this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a Canon 10-22mm this week...

Sorry for not posting more lately! Work has been kicking my butt (sitting in Tokyo Narita airport right now) but I AM gearing up for a Hawaii vacation in May. In anticipation of many landscape shots, I went ahead and picked up a 10-22. Its amazing now wide the lens can get! So far I am a big fan! I also plan on renting a 17-55mm F2.8 IS or 24-105 F4L, havent decided yet. Can't wait to get the camera out and shooting again here soon!

I'll be in Taiwan for a bit and I am going to try to get out and shoot a little, but with rain every day and a busy schedule, not sure what I can fit in just yet.

Its amazing how good the photo contests are getting! Everyone is posting up some impressive stuff.

I"ve looked into both the Canon 10-22 and the Tokina 11-16. I'm kinda leaning towards the Tokina. I'll be interested to see how your 10-22 works for you.

Comment

I have the Sigma 10-22. I have been very pleased with it.

Comment

Man you guys really amaze me. Great pics, hopefully I can learn something on here? I can't wait to see some pics from Taiwan, I hope you have a chance to get a few.

Comment

Cool lens!

I went with the Tokina so I could get the 2.8 -- that thing is wide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it out in the Longhorn Cavern this weekend, still not sure if I like it for general use, but it will be great for house pictures, etc.

Comment

TBoat,
            Where'd you take that car photo? I'm headed to Indy for 500 practice in early May. I'm hoping to have the Tokina by then.

Comment

I got the hookup last year, my girlfriend had an in with one of the teams. We had a hot pass and got to go pretty much anywhere. We were in the pits during the race. We talked to the driver in the hauler while he was getting ready.... Heres a couple more..

Comment

sweet pics!

Comment

Very cool shots, Tboat.

I'm not going to be there during the race this year, but did go a couple years ago. This trip for the practice sessions, we will have access to the garages. I would think we'd have some decent photo opportunities. Maybe not like yours, but decent.

Comment

You will get alot of photo opportunities, the Indy Car people are great. Very friendly dont be shy, dont be afraid to start talking to the crew... next thing you know youll be in there helping change a tire.......

Comment

I was wondering if the Traveling Techno Gig had you by the short hairs Kevin.

So what are you capturing in Asia in the mean time? Hawaii is so CLICHE'....lets see something in the Orient most of us don't see. How about some of those goofy critters...some of which end up on the menu in some hot, smelly....unrecognizable dish

Rain in the market is a cool place to start.....get cracking - SON!!!!!

Comment

Hey guys! I'm baaaack.

With regards to the Tokina 11-16, I had planned on getting that one but couldnt fine it local in time for the trip for a decent price. I've heard its sharper at 2.8 than the canon is at F5.6.

I did get some pics in, I will post in another thread. Considering I was working pretty much anytime it was daylight, I was REALLY wishing I had a tripod come night time. Didnt make it to any of the day/night markets this time around, but I am sure I'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                        X