S. Africa bound.. my turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S. Africa bound.. my turn

Well after following all the other threads... it's my turn to pack up and fly to S. Africa. We leave tomorrow from Austin to Atlanta.. then direct to Johannesburg.. all Delta. We get in around 5pm Monday and will stay the night at Afton House. Then head out to Dries Visser Safaris Tuesday morning. Wednesday is supposed to be our first day of hunting.

First time to go to S. Africa.. hit list is
    Wildebeest
    Gemsbock
    Impala
    Warthog

Might try to add one of the following..Blesbuck/Hartebeest/Zebra... or if I can swing it...a Kudu.. but that is a long shot.

Pretty much packed.. but will unpack and pack again before leaving for the airport. Probably over packed too.

We have been booked for a little over a year so this has been a long time coming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds like we’re on the same flight over from Atlanta. I fly out of houston thou. Will be my first trip over also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Enjoy! Take lots of pictures, not just the trophy shots. You will look at them a lot. I know I do! Great memories and a great time. I want to return again! You will too.

Comment

Good luck to you all. Afton house is a great place to overnight. take lots of pics and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Good luck and have a safe trip! Looking forward to seeing the pix...

Comment

Good luck on your trip, OP. My wife and I are going next year, so I've been watching youtube videos out the wazoo since we booked, and Dries Visser has some really good ones out, and appears to be a very impressive outfitter. I saw a few TBH'ers in some of their videos.
            Last edited by HeyMikey; 05-13-2018, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Go get them Sharpy! Send us pictures to the group! We want to see! Shoot straight!

Comment

Good luck just got home today from Africa myself:

Comment

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                      Sounds like we’re on the same flight over from Atlanta. I fly out of houston thou. Will be my first trip over also.

Cool. I am going with a buddy and then meeting another guy that booked with the same outfitter in Atlanta as well. He is flying outta Dallas.... looks like we got he state covered.

Comment

Spent the night in Johannesburg at the Afton House. Nice place, great food and service. Waiting on the outfitter to pick us up to make the 3hr drive to camp.

Comment

The weather should clear up for you this week. He are in limpopo now, we leave tomorrow. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Enjoy and take lots of pictures of entire trip. Will treasure all the pictures for years to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X