No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be in unit 751 the 8th -the 21st , also green as they get .. should be a good time ..

Comment

Originally posted by Gringolevi View Post
      I’m going solo on OTC in Colorado week of September 10 in San Juan NTL near Pagosa. Anyone else hunting that area

You won't be lonely in there

Comment

Yeah I seen a bear last year. The general area I’ve been hunting in there I haven’t seen anyone in 3 years. Got 2 killed in three years. Looking to meet some good friends. Maybe camp together and take off different hunting directions find em and pack a few out

Comment

Yeah I seen a bear last year. The general area I’ve been hunting in there I haven’t seen anyone in 3 years. Got 2 killed in three years. Looking to meet some good friends. Maybe camp together and take off different hunting directions find em and pack a few out
          Yelp, It’s not as hard as some make it out to be to get away from people. San Juan and rio grande are as big of country as one wants to make it.

Comment

Anyone live in New Braunfels?

Comment

Anyone live in New Braunfels?
              No, but close.

Comment

I took a PTO day and drove to Kuiu yesterday for their spring sale. $$$ but great gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                  I took a PTO day and drove to Kuiu yesterday for their spring sale. $$$ but great gear.

Kuiu makes great gear. Everything they make (except for their merino) is top of the line kit.

Comment

What don’t you like about their merino garments? I picked up the. heavier merino base layer long sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                      Kuiu makes great gear. Everything they make (except for their merino) is top of the line kit.
                      Firstlite boxers and shocks, those truly su***.

I’ve been pleased with kuiu and highly disappointed in Firstlite, with that said firstlite switched to product similar to kuiu nuyan so durability should be better

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        What don’t you like about their merino garments? I picked up the. heavier merino base layer long sleeve.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got several quarter zip shirts. They are ok. But they are itchier than most merino to me (not that soft). They also have a tendency to start smelling like......sheep....after a few days.

I like the First Lite Aerowool better than anything else I’ve tried. It is the schiznit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          Firstlite boxers and shocks, those truly su***.

I’ve been pleased with kuiu and highly disappointed in Firstlite, with that said firstlite switched to product similar to kuiu nuyan so durability should be better

Never tried the FL socks but the Benmore boxers are killer. They are Aerowool and aren’t crazy long like the Red Desert boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                            Never tried the FL socks but the Benmore boxers are killer. They are Aerowool and aren’t crazy long like the Red Desert boxers.

Had 4 pairs of red deserts crouch blow out and 6 pairs of socks rip about two inches above the heel.

Kuiu socks are the bomb, but you have to follow washing instructions, not as forgiving as darn tough or smartwool.

I may try the heavier weight merino x boxers this year. I pretty much only wear merino socks and boxers all year now

Comment

That terrible feeling when you have play money to burn, but you don’t need any new gear. Could I upgrade some things??? Sure! But with really only one big elk hunt this year...kind of a weird feeling.

Anyone use sat phones lately??? I used to have two of them when I did a lot of calls into and out of Afghanistan...but no idea what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                                You won't be lonely in there
                                X2 won't cat h me around that area. Get ready to walk away from a bunch of other folks..

Comment

Working...
                                X