Any Tundra owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    does the Tundra come in 3/4 ton? nice looking trucks and have been considering getting one.
    No and I can't stand trucks with those tiny beds like that.

Comment

Tundra

2017 Crewmax, Love the ride, gas mileage is not great, but it's a truck. The only real thing that bothers me, as another person said, the back seat belts will rattle if not put in the clips properly ( I hate rattles and noises in the truck while driving). Haven't been off road too much but it handles well, and seems pretty smooth over the mild stuff I driving on so far! I went from a Tacoma to the Tundra and will never go back! Loved my Tacoma, but man being back in a full sized truck is nice!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Love my 2016. Tundras don't have all the fancy crap like the fords/chevys which is why i went with the Tundra. Strong and reliable power-train. Mileage is the major thing most owners complain about, but i don't care cause its a truck. You want gas mileage get the Prius.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a 2008 with 166,000 no issues at all just not good gas milage .

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
            2017 limited. Gas mileage sucks. Factory premium radio sucks. Electronics suck in general on the truck compared to other vendors. Remote start sucks. You can start it but when you unlock the doors to get in it turns the motor off... cool feature the back window rolls down. Wife says the ride is smoother then my 2011 fx4. I put 30 bags of corn it and was surprised how much it squatted the truck. Assuming it is as reliable as people say those are small trade offs after 2 fords in a row that spent a lot of time in the shop. I have 10k on it so far. If you decide to get the extended warranty there is a dealership out of Colorado that sells them online much cheaper
            These match my thoughts as well. I have 2015 Limited CrewMax with the 5.7. Overall, it's a good truck. I got burned on a Ford and went to Toyota for the comfort of reliability. I have about 45K on the clock and so far its been great sans some rattles here and there. The Toyota dealer network seems great. I do love that about Toyota. As others have stated, gas mileage sucks. I added Billstein 5100, and maxed them out. I got about 2.5" of extra clearance on those. I added 295/60/20 Ridge Grapplers. I struggle to 13 mpg with mixed highway use. I love the size of the interior. The backseat kicks tail. I have a 2 year old who still in a car seat. The size of the back is great for getting him in and out. The truck tows well... 9 MPG sucks. Back window is great.
            I do like the interior of the GMC much more. We'll see... I may go back domestic and get a Sierra Denali. IDK... whatever, It's a truck.

Comment

Well I just closed a deal on a 2018.

Comment

Downgraded to a 1/2 ton after 18 years in a Superduty.
                Longevity and reliability is what I value, not 0-60, or creature comforts.
                Been in a used 2012 Tundra with 20k miles for 6 months now.
                This truck was 1/3 the price of the killer new Ford Superduty's.

Tundra's with factory tow package come equipped with a 4.30 rear end.
                380 hp with a 4.30 rear end will never get good mileage, but man, turn off the traction control and that truck launches off the line.
                And the brakes on this Tundra are as big as on my old Superduty.

I'd like to think I can get 18 years out of this truck, but being realistic, it's a half ton vehicle. We will see..
                But I do like this Texas built Tundra.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	TUNDRA12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	24510466

Google "million mile truck" and see what fills the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                  you know the rules! we need pics

Comment

99k miles on my 2011. 15ish mpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	24510467

Before it I had an 07 single cab 5.7 4x4 that I sold with about 115k miles. It was a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post

Tundra's with factory tow package come equipped with a 4.30 rear end.
                      380 hp with a 4.30 rear end will never get good mileage, but man, turn off the traction control and that truck launches off the line.
                      The reason the Tundra have such a low rear axle ratio (4.30) is because their transmission is geared high.
                      Compared to the other manufactures, the final drive ratios are about the same.

Comment

Have a 2015 TRD 4x4 with a 3/2 leveling kit, 285 Nitto Exo's and a Ride Rite air suspension on the back. I LOVE THIS TRUCK! Had a Ford, great truck but have to admit, I like the Tundra better. It pulls better, rides better, just does everything better except ( as mentioned before) the gas mileage sucks. I'm lucky, it basically only gets driven on the weekends so that's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                          I do like the interior of the GMC much more. We'll see... I may go back domestic and get a Sierra Denali. IDK... whatever, It's a truck.
                          How can you get more domestic than "Built in Texas by Texans.," I venture to say that GMC has more foreign parts than Tundra.

Comment

Whats asking price for these? They sure are perdy....wife wants one bad...haha

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                              I hope you like it as much as I've liked all three of mine, Ryan. I had a 2001 that had 275k miles on it when it was totaled in a wreck. Still have my 2006 that has 235k miles on it and will be using it around town for my hunting rig. Just bought a 2016 in February and have already put 25k miles on it. Love the added space of my newer one and how smooth the ride is. As said my older trucks had a better mileage but then again it's a bigger truck and I have the larger fuel tank, I get about 450 miles on a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                How can you get more domestic than "Built in Texas by Texans.," I venture to say that GMC has more foreign parts than Tundra.
                                Yawn! Whatever.. Domestic owned.

Comment

Working...
                                X