No announcement yet.

Real estate fees to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I paid a flat fee to Creekview realty for the MLS listing, lock box and scheduling service. Sold my house in May and the offer we accepted came less than 8 hours from when the MLS went live. Had 5 offers in the first 48 hours. Paid the buyer's agent 3% which in hindsight I wish I had pushed lower (could have). The buyer bought my house sight-unseen based on a 15 minute facetime walk-thru her realtor did.

Obviously I was in a heavy seller's market, lower end of a highly desirable neighborhood and listed early May which is a great time to sell. 2nd time I used Creekview. I think my total cost with them was $500.

Comment

My favorite part as a Real Estate agent's husband is when people we know don't use my wife because they "found the house/buyer all on their own" so think they don't need a realtor. These people then, inevitably, call and text her almost every day during the process (mostly in the evening when we are home as a family) because finding a house/buyer not equal getting a house bought/sold and there are about 1000 decisions that come before closing day that they didn't realize they were going to have to make. Buying/selling a home is a pretty big deal, so it's nice to have an expert to consult with when making those decisions. Taken me years to convince her to stop giving her expert advice to folks who thought they didn't need it or didn't value it.

Not saying any one here would do that just offering another perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        1.5 million dollar lake house = first world problems!
        That wasn't a problem, as much as it was the culmination of a great investment crossed with a colossal headache.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          No kidding. I sold my lakehouse last year. Listed with an agent and signed a contract for standard 6%. One week later I found a buyer through a neighbor. I paid 6% of $1.5MM or $90,000 to someone that didn't have to do much. No way that dude earned that, but he sure took it. I'd have been embarrassed.
          My realtor buddy would say he deserves it due to the amount of tire kickers and window shoppers he has to deal with without being paid.

Then in the same breath tell me how he's taken to telling people unless they're pre-approved and ready to buy to keep on moving

Comment

Working...
          X