Purchase Colorado Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Colorado Land

For you folks who have, or are in the process of purchasing land in Colorado, how did you go about finding your property? Our goal is to purchase between now and spring time, then for the next 10 years, bringing a 5th wheel to camp in, then build a garage with living space, then building our retirement home out there.

We know what we want location and size wise. Just need someone who is local to help us.

Any insight from folks who are in the process or doing something similar would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks.

My buddy just bought some land, they have been going up every summer for the last several years to figure out which city, then they found and agent they liked...bought land.

Comment

Originally posted by Loanman View Post
      My buddy just bought some land, they have been going up every summer for the last several years to figure out which city, then they found and agent they liked...bought land.
      Your friend by chance have a name of that realtor?

I am thinking right now that is about the only way to do it. Was hoping for some basis to at least start the search. The Colorado lands website is garbage, and so far, the realtors I have contacted have been unhelpful to say the least.

Comment

I have a client whose son is a realtor in CO. I'll see if I can get you the name.

Comment

What part of the state are you looking at? I work the southern part, and could ask customers who the good realtors are.

Comment

Comment

Try landwatch. Seems to be a pretty good site imo. I've been looking around in New Mexico myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                I have a client whose son is a realtor in CO. I'll see if I can get you the name.
                Yes please. PM works if you don't want to put his information out there.

Originally posted by Highplainsmalla View Post
                What part of the state are you looking at? I work the southern part, and could ask customers who the good realtors are.
                Yes please. We are looking From South of Denver to the NM border, with preference around the Pagosa Springs area.

Thanks. I have contacted a few realtors on there. They remind me of Jim Adler though, which scares me.

Originally posted by bugbee View Post
                Try landwatch. Seems to be a pretty good site imo. I've been looking around in New Mexico myself.
                Will check it out. We actually thought about northern NM, like Red River/Taos area, but as a retirement state, it was a little concerning. Also, we still want to be a few hours drive from a relatively big city. Any thing you have learned as you looked that surprised you?

Thanks again everyone, and keep the good information coming.

Comment

I have bought and sold several properties in CO. Shoot me a PM, I can help you go directly to land owners. You don't need a realtor to buy and sell land, especially if you know the area you want.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                    I have bought and sold several properties in CO. Shoot me a PM, I can help you go directly to land owners. You don't need a realtor to buy and sell land, especially if you know the area you want.
                    Thanks. We are still a little ways out from going and walking different parcels of land, and won't be purchasing until January. I will definitely get in touch. I would prefer to buy directly from a LO than deal with a realtor any day.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Thanks. We are still a little ways out from going and walking different parcels of land, and won't be purchasing until January. I will definitely get in touch. I would prefer to buy directly from a LO than deal with a realtor any day.
                      My buddy bought land in Pagosa Springs two years ago and is in the process of building a home there. I met with the powers that be for Archuleta County and was able to get the info I needed to draw up his plans. I'll ask him for the realtor that helped them find property and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                        My buddy bought land in Pagosa Springs two years ago and is in the process of building a home there. I met with the powers that be for Archuleta County and was able to get the info I needed to draw up his plans. I'll ask him for the realtor that helped them find property and get back to you.
                        Great part of the state, I have bought and sold a few parcels in that area also. Lots of land for sale right now. Believe me, make you offers, it will probably get accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                          I would sure appreciate it.

Comment

Anyone in the evening crowd have suggestions?

Comment

No help here but in for the info.... I would like to do something similar... How much land are you looking for??

Comment

Working...
                              X