No announcement yet.

New truck- already broken into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would I find the keyless handle to replace on the drivers side door? I like that option. Can I do it myself or does it need to be installed by a professional?

Comment

this

I got one in each vehicle-they were around $20 at Academy.Gives me a little peace of mind stops the average meth head or miscreant.
      Attached Files

Comment

http://www.jimmijammer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
          J
          Anyone have any tips to prevent this to occur again besides locking it in the garage and never driving it out?
          Me, I'm moving. Had enough of the sprawl

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
            Why doesn't the sheriffs DP set up a sting and park a jacked up, chromed out 7.3 with someone laying under the bed cover with a fostech and put an end to this BS!
            When I was still in uniform at Ft. Sam Houston, we had a theft ring that would come on post and steal spare tires from trucks---finally caught them by putting overwatch up in one of the taller buildings with binos and a radio. It was one of the local tire shops. They had a set of bolt cutters and didn't take them 30 seconds to drop a spare, load it into their truck and haul. With the increased security to get on post, probably far less likely now.

Sting operation for sure, and maybe use bolt cutters on a hand?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              Hate that for you Bud. Sounds like with as rampant of a problem it is in the area it would be a good place for a sting operation. Hell, I don't even know if the police have time for such a thing but might cut back a little bit. Or not. Thieves are idiots anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Sounds like it's time for citizen sting operations.

Comment

I don't think they really even care about catching the thrives. One of our inspectors had his iPad Air and printer stolen out of his truck last Friday. He made a police report then realized he could locate it on his iPhone. It was in a parking spot at an apartment complex 10 miles away. Cops would do nothing. They said he would probably have to wait a couple weeks for it to be assigned to a detective. By the time our inspector got to the complex it moved into a unit. It was a three floor complex so he tried to make it ring and listen at the door to see which unit it was in, but he couldn't here it. I told him to take a pic of the plate of the car in that spot. Now I guess we wait. Could have caught them red handed and recovered who knows how many stolen items, but they'd rather serve and protect us with radar guns at a speed trap. I have a lot of respect for law enforcement, but the book they go by sucks sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                  I can't tell you how many F250 thefts/breakins happen at the rim in San Antonio. I'm a member of all the San Antonio Diesel pages and its a constant issue. I personally had my 2006 F250 stolen from the rim then chopped up on November 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM. Right in front of the ATT store. I no longer take my truck to that part of town.
                  Yep, Ford really should change something with those locking mechanisms to help out their customers, too **** easy.

Bass Pro/Rim area are horrible, seen reports of entire rigs with trailers and UTV's rolling out of there when somebody stops for corn. That whole i10 area actually, lotta trucks hit in the i10/DeZavala restaurant area too, pretty much nightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Efren View Post
                    Yup. SA Now I can't even go to Bass Pro in my new truck. How rediculous is that?!

I've only read to this point so first off it always sucks to have your car broken into but....

....if you were unaware that the Rim and La Cantera were the hottest spots in South Texas to get your vehicle broken into or stolen (especially a F250) you either just moved here or the rock you've been living under must be hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rglass2323 View Post
                      San Antonio Police DO NOT CARE. They are understaffed. It took two hours for an officer to show up to a wreck my wife was involved in last month. She was hit by an illegal that had no DL. They did NOTHING to him and let him go. We both work in SA and are desperately wanting out of this area. If you are in SA, NO MATTER WHERE, you are at risk of much more than a vehicle burglary.
                      Sanctuary city! Bout all I can say about that! Almost 200 years ago, Mexicans were trying to help out for independence. Now they want to give it back to Mexico for the sake of a few pesos. ***???????

Comment

I had my keyless piece replaced by a body shop, was a couple hundred dollars....

Comment

My 2016 F350 was broken into last year about a month after I bought it. Same thing, punched the door lock with a screwdriver, stole my owner's manual as well. The replacement from Ford is around $65.00. Fortunately for me, I don't have to worry about them using my door code though because they were caught a couple of weeks later in an armed robbery and took a plea deal last week for a 15yr prison sentence.

Comment

get a dog

Comment

question....why doesn't the factory alarm go off when the door key holes are popped and mechanically unlocked? My F150 alarm will go off if i reach in and manually unlock with the window down.

Comment

Smart start gps & alarm. If your Alarm goes off your phone alerts you plus you can track your truck

Comment

Working...
                                X