No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Sightings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw one in a bar in Keller, or maybe it was a cougar.

Comment

I have seen them in Wichita, Ward and Young counties.

Comment

Saw one in 1964 between Trinity & Lovelady
        Saw two in 1974 in Johnson Co. (Killed one of them)
        Saw one in 1975 in Johnson Co.
        Saw one in 2001 in Coryel Co.
        A friend killed one in Bosque Co. several years ago

Comment

saw one walkin across the road in my wifes car one time a few years back (shhh.....he was black)

Comment

Texas Mountain Lion Sightings By County As Reported On TBH & THF.

Tbar

Comment

taylor county 5 yrs ago around buffalo gap

Comment

Congrats Tbar

You finally got it to work. Interesting

Comment

add La Salle, county we have multiple cats on our lease.

Comment

Texas Mountain Lion Sightings By County As Reported On TBH & THF.

Tbar

Comment

ok, lots of sightings as shown here. I guess I am going to be the skeptic in the group and ask really how many are true sightings? seriously, they are rare of all rare things to see. How many sightings are actually bobcats, coyotes, fox, or just a plain labrador retriever gone wilde or a house cat quickly crossing the road at 300yds??? some counties I have no doubt , but some counties???

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                        ok, lots of sightings as shown here. I guess I am going to be the skeptic in the group and ask really how many are true sightings? seriously, they are rare of all rare things to see. How many sightings are actually bobcats, coyotes, fox, or just a plain labrador retriever gone wilde or a house cat quickly crossing the road at 300yds??? some counties I have no doubt , but some counties???
                        Well, count the number of pictures of lion tracks, mounted lions, dead lions in trucks etc in this post and that will tell you. Most lions in Texas are along the Rio Grande from Brownville to El Paso, if you notice the list of counties shows many of the most lion populated to have no sightings!!!lol

I used to lion hunt with Joe Refus Lyne from George West Texas (father of Phil Lyne World Champ Cowboy Cotula Texas) There are prob about 5 ture lion and bobcat dog packs left in south texas, anywhere south of George West rspecially along the Nucess river is still good, lots of thick brush and tons of deer behind fences to eat. Last lion I saw treed was behind Joes house off of 799 at Dewy Debblers oat patch, Dewys wife ran it up a tree with a horse whip, Dewey was a coyote hunter and teased Joe about his wife treeing one with a whip and calling in to El Comendor Restruant for somebody to bring a gun and kill it before it came down, google Live oak county record archives, it was on the front page of the paper about 3 years ago or more, Joe used to catch about 200 bobcats and 15 lions in a good wet year, way way less if it was really dry, there were 3 big time lion hunters in Freer who ran foxhounds but nobody hunted more times a week than Joe Refus Lyne, he used to give dogs to that guy Rocky McBride from Alpine texas who goes all over for the Discovery and wildlife chanel tagging them along with Jaquars. most lion calls we got tended to be brown dogs or yotes or nothing at allLOL I would be rich if i had a dollar for come over to the ranch so and so called and said he saw a lion at the tin horn on Rhodes ranch!Lol Brewster county i thinking has the most lions of any county in texax for sure, MckInney still hunts them for the state and few remaining sheep or goat ranchers. I would not be surpized if one was killed in front of the Alamo if it got lost looking for deer tacos behind some game ranch!!!lol

Comment

While working on a ranch in Marfa in my teen age years we had a trapper from Marfa come out and kill two lions north of Hwy 90 west of Marfa. Ranch ran between Jeff Davis and Presidio Counties, 120k acres. Only ones I ever saw in the wild. Was a fun hunt horseback for 5 days tracking them with dogs, wish I would have gotten to be shooter. I remember the trappers name was Bill but no idea of his last name, lived in Marfa.

Comment

2nd hand knowledge of one seen here NW Austin (Travis County)

Comment

Saw 1 in south Johnson County, 2008

Comment

Colorado county 2-3 yrs ago. About 100yds and didn't have anything but a 22.
                                Maybe another one about 10 yrs ago, not 100% on this one but no dought on the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X