Houston Rodeo CHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sully352 View Post
    PC ยง46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a h andgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
    (b) A license holder commits an of fense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed, on or about the license holder's person:
    (1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;
    (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event

Don't they have to post a 51% sign?

Comment

The HLS&R does not make 51% of its revenue from alcohol.

Comment

Here's an email response I got from the questions email link on the rodeo website. Told them I didn't like their wording.. "cleared by officers" as being taken 2 different ways. I'm going on sunday and I'll be packin, but I won't be going into the stadium to the actual rodeo event.

"Anyone wanting to bring a concealed handgun onto the grounds must present themselves to a HPD security officer before they enter the gates and show the officer their CHL license -- and, if requested, their weapon. The license will be checked out to see if it is valid and/or expired. If there is an issue with their license, then they could be turned away from entering the Reliant Park grounds.

Thanks!

Stephanie"

Comment

They were wanding tonight. Struck me as a little odd that they had the committee volunteers operating the metal detectors. I guess you don't need much training for that.

Comment

Wife just send me an email she recieved from the Houston Rodeo. Looks like a standard reply

Good Morning,

Anyone wanting to bring a concealed handgun onto the grounds must present themselves to a HPD security officer before they enter the gates and show the officer their CHL license -- and, if requested, their weapon. The license will be checked out to see if it is valid and/or expired. If there is an issue with their license, then they could be turned away from entering the Reliant Park grounds.

Thanks!
            Last edited by Chuy; 03-11-2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Im working it. As the email states you may carry in reliant center,arena and the carnival. NOT in the stadium.

Most of the wanding starts closer to show time and near the carnival.

Comment

I'm headed down in the morning for three days while kids are showing. Are they wanding in the exhibitor entry? If they are not wanding, do you have to hunt an officer down just to show your chl?

Comment

Originally posted by scdavis50 View Post
                  They were wanding tonight. Struck me as a little odd that they had the committee volunteers operating the metal detectors. I guess you don't need much training for that.
                  The people with wands are NOT committee members, they are paid staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Most of the wanding starts closer to show time and near the carnival.
                    Wanding is happening to every person entering who is NOT a committee member or their guest. This is ALL entrances. So if you are not a committee member, or their guest you will get the wand no matter what entrance you go in.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDieselKid View Post
                      Wanding is happening to every person entering who is NOT a committee member or their guest. This is ALL entrances. So if you are not a committee member, or their guest you will get the wand no matter what entrance you go in.
                      Are you saying all entrances to the park in general or just for carnival area and inti the stadium.

I went Sunday morning to see the judging and exhibits in the reliant center and didnt get botgered at all. Carried away and enjoyed the day without question.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                        Are you saying all entrances to the park in general or just for carnival area and inti the stadium.

I went Sunday morning to see the judging and exhibits in the reliant center and didnt get botgered at all. Carried away and enjoyed the day without question.

Out of the 6 days i have been down there/here, they pat/wand everyone at every entrance i have passed (4 different gates).

Comment

Sometimes it's hard to obey the law.

Went to the Alamo. I was gonna leave my gun with security. The security office is in the middle of the Alamo grounds.

Comment

CHL at rodeo

I just leave the weapon in the truck and take my wife in. She is soo mean nobody is going to mess with me.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDieselKid View Post
                              Out of the 6 days i have been down there/here, they pat/wand everyone at every entrance i have passed (4 different gates).
                              Interesting. Even when we left, there wasnt anyone doing any checking at all.

Comment

Im there 6am to 5 pm everyday and have only seen peeps getting checked at the stadium before weekend shows (345).

I can assure you folks who are showing are NOT getting checked at the barn. If you'll feel better by getting checked PM me and I'll come see ya

Comment

Working...
                                X