No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2017????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect shot. I think mine hit a little too high. Next time in the elbow or neck.

Comment

Originally posted by L C View Post
      Perfect shot. I think mine hit a little too high. Next time in the elbow or neck.
      He went 30 yards and dropped... perfect right in the lung. That's why I can't understand why I missed the doe earlier that morning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 5qu1n7; 11-13-2017, 12:34 PM. Reason: Additional text

Comment

Originally posted by 5qu1n7 View Post
        He went 30 yards and dropped... perfect right in the lung. That's why I can't understand why I missed the doe earlier that morning.

Nice hogs!

Those deer are wound up tighter than a coil spring and can start to react to the sound of that arrow releasing before it even leaves that bow/crossbow.
        Doesn't matter how fast they make a bow or crossbow, those deer react to the sound, which in a deer's ears travels faster than an arrow from any bow made.
        Those hogs do not, but that's only if you can get them to stand still long enough.
        Last edited by Jimbo47; 11-14-2017, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I cannot believe the reported lack of activity last weekend. The bucks were chasing does hard all weekend just across the fence line.

Comment

Should be good after the front passes....Mondays weather will be ideal.
            I miss the old days when you could hunt all week except Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and most areas would be open.

Comment

Guys what's up? The harvest log is looking really thin, smidgen compared to past years only 10 or 12 doe so far this year. No hogs, bucks, or turkey? SMH

Last edited by Thumper; 11-19-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                Guys what's up? The harvest log is looking really thin, smidgen compared to past years only 10 or 12 doe so far this year. No hogs, bucks, or turkey? SMH

The rules this year require that a doe be taken before you can take a buck.
                I could have taken a really nice buck the second time I sat this season, but had to just watch since I haven't taken a doe.
                Although I haven't hunted much this season as of yet, the does aren't cooperating, and coming to the feeder.
                It should get better, but also the training schedule hasn't worked in the favor of the hunters as well.

Comment

Just saw an update from Bullis website. Mentioned that TA 7 was closed Sunday because of fires on Saturday.
                  On the training schedule Saturday would have been closed......Wonder if training caused the fires?
                  Hope nobody lost their gear in that area, but doesn't sound good.

Comment

I complain all season about not seeing anything so I didn't hunt Saturday... Here's the cam footage. First seeing these all year... Looks like they are looking for some ladies during early morning.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving hope y'all have a great day and go get them this weekend!

Comment

Nice 7 pointer this morning, still waiting on that doe.

Comment

Pretty good weekend with 5 does being taken on Saturday and a nice 17 inch inside spread 8 pointer. 2 does came out of MA 10 and one of them was mine (Yea). MA 10 has not had a deer taken since before 2014. I got lucky and had 4 bucks chase this doe into my area. After some 45 minutes the doe gave me a 20 yard shot. I had to swing the crossbow some 45 degrees to the right while leaning in my chair as far as I could to get the red dot on her vitals. I had 3 bucks under the feeder while I was trying quietly move my crossbow. She went 30 yards and fell over.

Sunday a real nice 10 pointer was brought in from MA 7. Several hogs were brought in also and I shot a 70-80 lb hog Saturday afternoon at 4:20. Tom

Comment

Lots of closed areas this past weekend. I heard of 1 pig coming in on Sunday morning. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by born-two-hunt View Post
                              Lots of closed areas this past weekend. I heard of 1 pig coming in on Sunday morning. Tom
                              I scored on my doe Saturday morning right as it was light enough to see.
                              It was the only deer brought in last weekend.
                              Now I'm waiting for that buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                                I scored on my doe Saturday morning right as it was light enough to see.
                                It was the only deer brought in last weekend.
                                Now I'm waiting for that buck!
                                Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X