Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their junior year statistics are near identicle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Apples to oranges This is year 4 for mond the difference was burrow improved mond didn’t...

So is that mond or coaching that has him regressing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Mond is solid QB. Do I think he is a great QB, NO. I just think he is a solid QB. But when the defense is in your face constantly because your O-Line sucks it is hard to have any confidence and play well. Burrows wouldn't have looked half as good as he did without the team he had around him. His receivers were catching passes a lot of other receivers couldn't. Not taking anything away from him because he played lights out all year and is a top notch QB.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        Mond is solid QB. Do I think he is a great QB, NO. I just think he is a solid QB. But when the defense is in your face constantly because your O-Line sucks it is hard to have any confidence and play well. Burrows wouldn't have looked half as good as he did without the team he had around him. His receivers were catching passes a lot of other receivers couldn't. Not taking anything away from him because he played lights out all year and is a top notch QB.

So why aren’t they getting him out of the pocket, quick passes, designed runs i mean he is a dual threat no? I watched the dude with a clean pocket over throw guys constantly.... so either mond isn’t good or the coaches are failing him trying to make him something he’s not

Comment

2020 College Football - Off Season Discussion

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          Their junior year statistics are near identicle.

How many games had each player in their career before their jr year? An Under the same coaching staff?

Last edited by drop dead fred; 02-06-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Mond takes way too long to make a decision in the pocket.

Burrow knew how to make a snap decision.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              You only have 85 scholarships to give out. Bread matters.

I may have to look it up but I saw a recap of the Chiefs and 49er rosters. More than half of the super bowl champions roster was 2 and 3 star recruits coming out of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Exactly if he can’t process the def and get rid of the ball on a 3 step drop then either the coaches need to simplify an offense for him or replace him...

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                  I may have to look it up but I saw a recap of the Chiefs and 49er rosters. More than half of the super bowl champions roster was 2 and 3 star recruits coming out of high school.

There are about 1000 3 stars every year and 25 5 Stars. It is just math.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

This is my biggest issue with him. There were a LOT of plays where he should have thrown it away or ran.

Comment

I think with a serviceable OL Mond will show improvement. He regressed last year due to the ineffectiveness of the OL. Sure he missed passes he should have made that was frustrating as hell. But the majority of time the play didn't have a chance to develop. I think coaching bears some blame as well. I am not convinced we couldn't be more creative with Mond and get him in space more. Having a WR that can take the top off a defense (Demas) will be a huge plus. While I would like to see someone push for the starting QB job, I find it highly unlikely someone will get the nod over Mond. Jimbo loves him some Mond. I'm gonna remain optimistic and trust Jimbo to make the right decision on what's best for the program. I think they go 9-3.

Comment

Burch is an official rooster now.

Comment

Exactly if he can’t process the def and get rid of the ball on a 3 step drop then either the coaches need to simplify an offense for him or replace him...

11 step drops are the new thing. [emoji38]

Comment

So why aren’t they getting him out of the pocket, quick passes, designed runs i mean he is a dual threat no? I watched the dude with a clean pocket over throw guys constantly.... so either mond isn’t good or the coaches are failing him trying to make him something he’s not

DDF, it really could be a bunch of things. In Monds case I think its all of them. Coaching, O-Line may be porous, lack of understanding on his part, confidence or lack of it. He has the talent, no doubt. Some qbs are head cases.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              DDF, it really could be a bunch of things. In Monds case I think its all of them. Coaching, O-Line may be porous, lack of understanding on his part, confidence or lack of it. He has the talent, no doubt. Some qbs are head cases.
                              It would be great if we all had a senior QB like Big **** Joe. But we don't and you all don't either now. Appears to be a lot of question marks at the QB position in the SEC for this upcoming season. Should be fun to watch it unfold.

Comment

I have the same questions. When he goes mobile they play better.

Comment

Working...
                                X