South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
    That’s a long arse drive for you. I just got back to Houston from New Orleans for a week with my in-laws. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s my 5th trip to South Texas since September 20th with one to San Saba and 3 trips to Beaumont sprinkled in. Been a long but fun season and will probably skip out on the last weekend of deer season because I’m tired of driving lol. Probably spent close to 45 sits in the stand this deer season between morning and afternoon hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      That thing looks huge

Definitely a grown cat

Comment

Little cat action tonight

That’s a big bobcat!

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2019

Definitely a grown cat

I kinda have a soft spot for them so I quit shooting them unless it’s a big cat or I’m calling them at night.

Comment

Been a really good morning this am. Seen 8 Nilgai, plenty Javi and Deer.

Comment

Heading down South tonight. May do some quail hunting just to change things up a bit.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I kinda have a soft spot for them so I quit shooting them unless it’s a big cat or I’m calling them at night.

This hunter was from Baton Rouge and has always wanted a bobcat. He hunted 2 days for one and was finally able to seal the deal on the last evening. I would much prefer shooting coyotes over cats but I won't pass a big cat either! I would be absolutely fine if we could get rid of both!

Comment

Was wide open the week before Christmas on our SE Webb county place. Neighbors took a couple of whoppers... one was a high 180's 27" wide typical and another was a booner 9 with over 50" of mass... hated to go home, but came back after Christmas to find it had slowed down a bit. I did manage to have an opportunity at my target trophy, but because he was broke up, I passed. Gonna probably make another trip to do a bit more skimming of narrow, short tined 5-6 year olds... been a good year. had a lot of good growth over last year (our first on this place). We are excited about the future for sure! Some real whoppers on camera that aren't old enough yet...

Comment

Was there last weekend on our Thompsonville lease and it was the slowest I have ever seen. Only saw 7 does Sunday and Monday combined 4 hunts. Anther lease member did take a good ten in the 140s Sunday evening but that was the only buck seen that weekend.

I may make a mid week trip to top off cotton seed baskets and maybe take out a cull if one presents itself. So far not a bad year for a small low fence place. Two bucks taken thus far. One 156" I took early and the ten from this past weekend. We're definitely not complaining.
                    Last edited by Muddy Bud; 01-03-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      Was there last weekend on our Thompsonville lease and it was the slowest I have ever seen. Only saw 7 does Sunday and Monday combined 4 hunts. Anther lease member did take a good ten in the 140s Sunday evening but that was the only buck seen that weekend.

I may make a mid week trip to top off cotton seed baskets and maybe take out a cull if one presents itself. So far not a bad year for a small low fence place. Two bucks taken thus far. One 156" I took early and the ten from this past weekend. We're definitely not complaining.
                      Where you getting your CS from

Comment

After Christmas my target bucks disappeared. I had a couple of sits after with minimal movement. Only young bucks on camera now. Going to wait another week before going back to my ranch and hope movement on mature bucks gets better.

Comment

Hazendorf gin in Edroy has the 1000 lb. super sacks now for $140.00. And they are working on weekends right now.

Comment

Windy afternoons are good for hunting sharp rocks [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Was wide open the week before Christmas on our SE Webb county place. Neighbors took a couple of whoppers... one was a high 180's 27" wide typical and another was a booner 9 with over 50" of mass... hated to go home, but came back after Christmas to find it had slowed down a bit. I did manage to have an opportunity at my target trophy, but because he was broke up, I passed. Gonna probably make another trip to do a bit more skimming of narrow, short tined 5-6 year olds... been a good year. had a lot of good growth over last year (our first on this place). We are excited about the future for sure! Some real whoppers on camera that aren't old enough yet...
                              Any pictures you can post of the neighbor’s deer? Would love to see both, but especially the 9

Comment

Anyone tell me what this is? Webb County. Fire watch? BP? Deer stand?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X