No announcement yet.

Tank Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you use elevator brackets, they elevate very easy.

Comment

Good build!

Comment

very nice build!

Comment

can you show some details for the door, I have one and the door is part of the shell. I would like to build it a bit nicer with a real door and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Traxx View Post
            can you show some details for the door, I have one and the door is part of the shell. I would like to build it a bit nicer with a real door and such.

These are the only picture I have for now. But I can take more specific pics this weekend if you want. Way overbuilt. 2x2 angle frame with a piece of 1.5”sq tubing elwelding into the frame to hinge to. 1.5” sq for the door frame and skinned with 11ga. Two slide bolt latches one on the inside one on the outside.

Comment

Okay. What was done on mine is to use the piece cut out as the door using gate hinges and latch with some 1x4 on the inside to provide a gasket and sealing surface.

Comment

Also I welded weld tabs on the edges of the door and bolted it through the tank to secure it

Comment

I like the way the windows look, is there anything that you would change on them & the door if you had to do it again?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheque View Post
                    I like the way the windows look, is there anything that you would change on them & the door if you had to do it again?

If I did it over I’d go with 12x24 windows instead of 36. The door is great except I forgot to put a place for the slide bolt to latch on the outside.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your build. ><>

Comment

awesome blind!

Comment

Nice Work!

Comment

nice!

Comment

Took some better pictures of the door last weekend.

Comment

looks great

Comment

Working...
                                X