X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Following

I have a 76 to fix up one of these days

Is the Reid racing stuff what is required to convert to power steering?

Reid Racing is where the knuckles came from. I am selling them. They are ultra high strength, and I planned to put them in with the steering cylinder. It takes a lot of force to move 36-38" tires when in a bind in the rocks. I didn't want failure.

PSC Motorsports rebuilt the box and pump. They also sell everything to convert to power steering. They are arguably the best in the business. You'll see their stuff on most of the big name off road cars. They are based in Fort Worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You wouldn't happen to have an extra front Dana 44 laying around would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

No sir, I sold my last one a couple years ago. Still have a complete D30 in the barn though.

If you can't find an EB specific one, you can grab some full width axles from a mid to late 70's Ford pickup. They are about 6" wider than EB, and really don't require much in the way of modification to mount them up. They will come with a big bearing 9", 31 spline axles, and usually disk brakes in the front as well. You may even luck into a high pinion model D44.

Some of the EB came with a small bearing 9", and all came with 28 spline axles. The 76-77 are the most desirable, with big bearing and big drum brakes.

Comment

As it sits this week

My twin sticks ready to be installed

Engine bay, mostly all together. I just need to install the power steering pump, run a few feet of fuel line, and a battery. Then it's ready to fire

Just a few of the parts, ready to be installed. Still some more out in the barn. I will be liquidating them as I progress. Right now, I'm digging for my emergency brake bracket, that attaches the cables from the drums to the pedal. I know I put it away, just darned if I can remember where...

Comment

I never lost anything when I had a 12x24 building. Now....I can't find a thing in my 30x40....and bought to build a 70x70!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Couple of sweet old Broncos.I gotta tell you though..........it would drive me crazy to have a shop like that so far from home.I think a "man -cave" is in order.

DJ

Comment

There is a living quarters in the shop. It serves as a man cave when I get to go out there alone.

It is a 40x60 building, we finished out a 20x40 as an efficiency apartment. There is a bedroom, a bathroom, a utility room, and the rest is wide open (kitchen and living area) It is very comfortable. The whole family will spend holidays out there, and I can spend time in the shop tinkering.

Comment

Looking good bro! So if this EB gets sold, what are you going to have left to crawl around in??!!

The other day a question popped into my head that I wanted to PM you on, and now that I'm reading this thread I cannot remember it...figures.

Good luck!!

Comment

I'm hoping to get a RZR, and build it up as a crawler. It'll be as awesome as I can make it without building a whole new chassis. That may take a while, Mrs has her eyes on a new house first.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                      There is a living quarters in the shop. It serves as a man cave when I get to go out there alone.

It is a 40x60 building, we finished out a 20x40 as an efficiency apartment. There is a bedroom, a bathroom, a utility room, and the rest is wide open (kitchen and living area) It is very comfortable. The whole family will spend holidays out there, and I can spend time in the shop tinkering.

The envy is strong.

DJ

Comment

If you get the yearn for a project after you sell the Bronco, there's an '85 CJ7 behind my shop....in the weeds , that needs the EB narrow track D44 & 9" installed, the 9" disc brake conversion mounted, and the 360 nursed back to running....I've got LOTS of tools.

Comment

Been farting around fixing little stuff here and there

Got it fired up this weekend

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Since my last update, I’ve done a bunch of little stuff.

Replaced and plumbed the entire brake system (master cylinder, proportioning valve, hoses, hard lines)

Replaced fuel pump and flex lines

Installed all shift linkages

Installed all newly rebuilt PSC power steering goodies and hoses

Inspected all charging system

Installed new battery, tray and tie downs

Next is to fab up new seat mount and then take it for a spin.

Gotta flex the suspension, so I can measure for shocks.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                              Since my last update, I’ve done a bunch of little stuff.

Replaced and plumbed the entire brake system (master cylinder, proportioning valve, hoses, hard lines)

Replaced fuel pump and flex lines

Installed all shift linkages

Installed all newly rebuilt PSC power steering goodies and hoses

Inspected all charging system

Installed new battery, tray and tie downs

Next is to fab up new seat mount and then take it for a spin.

Gotta flex the suspension, so I can measure for shocks.

Henry David Thoreau

That sounds great. I’m in for pictures!

Helped a buddy of mind build a “tippy truck” for one of the companies we work for. Teach high-center gravity vehicles with it. We used a forklift to measure things and get the right angles.

Comment

Another Early Bronco thread

I finally got a big tool chest, spent a little time setting some tools in it.

72” chest, now I need an upper, because this one is already full. This contains less than 50% of my tools

Next weekend, I will spend some time organizing my sockets. They are just kinda tossed in there for now.

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X