No announcement yet.

TRAPPING 2015 -2016 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are both legal here in Tx. I use both. I like either offset or laminated regular jaws. Sometimes you can have a pull out with offset jaws, if its just a toe catch or a smaller animal like a coon.
    Last edited by yanta61; 12-22-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

For coyotes I prefer the offset everything else regular jaws

Comment

For coyotes, what type of setup do you use?

I have been using dog droppings and coyote mating scent and it seems pretty good. I thought about trying a dirt hole set.

Comment

I've caught more coyotes using coyote urine and droppings an some coyote gland. But just a trick use bobcat urine for coyotes

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
            For coyotes, what type of setup do you use?

I have been using dog droppings and coyote mating scent and it seems pretty good. I thought about trying a dirt hole set.
            We're coming up on breeding season for coyotes, if you want to get them stirred up, take your dog out with making sets, the alpha pair will get all stirred up and about as stupid as a coyote ever gets when they find that new dog smell in their territory. A good flat set with a good coyote gland lure seems to perk them up now also.

Comment

Trapped a good tom on a buddies place. He went out hunting this evening and found this guy in one of my sets...I was surprised to catch a cat in this particular set cause it was set for Fox. I used a bone and put red fox gland on it but I'll take it. He gets pictures of Fox and coyotes every night but the are real skittish of a dirt hole set so I've gone to flat sets and scent post.

Clay

Comment

Just got back from the ranch this afternoon, got down there Christmas night. Made several sets, put 4 snares in well used trails in the high fence and nothing. Found 3 old badger holes and put some dead rabbits down the holes with jaw traps set on the outside. Nothing at all, all advice on setting snares in the fence for coyotes, Bobcats, and badgers? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                  Here is Ryder with a big 4xl coon...

That coon must weigh 20#

Comment

Picked up another, this is number 7 this season. Big female
                    Attached Files

Comment

Third fox
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	24423720

Comment

I wished we had reds around here, we have plenty of greys..

Comment

We caught a gray fox and a coyote in the same night this past week. I am after the coyotes and the gray fox was in a live trap so I let him go. The fox was weird compared to others I have trapped. It just hung out and didn't seem scared. He let me pet him with a stick and didn't care. Looking back, I hope it wasn't rabid. It just acted like a pet cat.

We have had no luck on dirt holes, except for rabbits. The flat traps with domestic dog droppings and coyote mating scent seems to work within 2-3 days every time.

I am only catching female coyotes, is that odd?

Comment

We caught a gray fox and a coyote in the same night this past week. I am after the coyotes and the gray fox was in a live trap so I let him go. The fox was weird compared to others I have trapped. It just hung out and didn't seem scared. He let me pet him with a stick and didn't care. Looking back, I hope it wasn't rabid. It just acted like a pet cat.

We have had no luck on dirt holes, except for rabbits. The flat traps with domestic dog droppings and coyote mating scent seems to work within 2-3 days every time.

I don't know if it is odd, buy I'm seeing some of the same thing. Nothing on dirt hole only flats and sent post. The last cpl I've caught have been female too

Comment

No I saw that as well when I was trapping more. It seemed to come in spurts I would catch a bunch of males then all of a sudden all I would catch is female is weird

Comment

Picked up another yote today but when I checked my next set which was a sent post, I was in for a surprise. A yote had dug up the piece of wood I was using for the post and carried it off. I have never even heard of this happening.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X