No announcement yet.

Arrow setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swamp you re probably right but I shoot an upper brass noc. I just recently tied an under noc that is holding together well and is staying together for the time being. Until I can do that consistently I'll use a brass noc on top because I can't afford for it to move.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DRT; 06-06-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      Don't bother buying nocking points and pliers. Do a search on here on tying on nocking points.

You can buy a bow square at academy or any other archery shop. I bought mine from Bowzone for $5.
      I want to add a lower knock point to avoid my arrow slipping down the string during a shot. The serving looks good still as the knock clicks onto it well, just slips easy once applied.

is it a problem if my upper point is brass and lower serving string that i tied myself? I know it will look goofy, but im sure it'll work ok

Comment

This is how mine is.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          I want to add a lower knock point to avoid my arrow slipping down the string during a shot. The serving looks good still as the knock clicks onto it well, just slips easy once applied.

is it a problem if my upper point is brass and lower serving string that i tied myself? I know it will look goofy, but im sure it'll work ok
          No problem at all. As a beginner, it is probably best to start that way. Once you have confidence in what you did (a few days of shooting) take off the top brass nock and tie one on.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

That's my plan as well. Hope it will smooth and quiet my release some.

Comment

I looked up a couple ways to tie them. In your experience, is it better to run the string through serving glue first before tying and using the lighter, or just tie it and put a drop of super glue or fletching glue?

Comment

This last one I used serving material, used looped the over hand knots twice and when I got to the end tied a square knot that way and melted the tag ends.

Comment

Floss didn't hold. Neither did two types of braided fishing line. However the double looped over hand knots and the fact I really pulled them tight may have helped too. Dunno. Only been a few days but it hasn't fallen apart or slipped yet.

Comment

I'll drop by academy on my way home to pickup a square and serving string if they have them.

Comment

Google a "nail knot" the dental floss will work with that one. It's the cleanest looking self tied on nock you'll get.

Rick Barbee has a video somewhere, that's how I learned.

Comment

I watched a video that Daniel put out on how to tie an adjustable nocking point, pretty easy stuff so that's what I did with mine. That way I can move them up or down as I tune and learn the bow and then just put a dot of glue to hold them once I'm done.

Richard.

Comment

I watched several of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            I watched several of them.

Did any of them help?

Richard.

Comment

Nail not is hard to beat, I run a coarse serving. The halo serving slipped on me, and the dental floss didn't hold up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                                Did any of them help?

Richard.
                                I used an adaptation of one of them. Same technique but altered the knots slightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X