A couple of knives; got bored.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of knives; got bored.

I was going to take a break from knife making for a while, I've been spending a lot of time at our lake house at Possum Kingdom lake. We came home Sunday and now I'm waiting on my grandson to get out of school Friday before heading back out, so I got bored and decided to get in the knife shop just to keep my skills honed. I made a Texas Skinner and a Mini Skinner both with spalted sycamore handles, 52100 ball bearing steel .210 thick. I'll make the sheaths when I get ready to sell them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpa31kEhPM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	25130329

Nice!

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

Very nice looking!

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Overall and blade length?? Price??

Comment

Nice! Great work!

Comment

Love that mini skinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty cool magic trick....making them hang from a shop towel.

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                  Pretty cool magic trick....making them hang from a shop towel.

Nice work.
                  Lots of static electricity in my shop.

Comment

Those sycamore handles are awesome

Comment

for me as well

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Overall and blade length?? Price??
                      this for me as well

Comment

"your blade, sir, will kill"

Nice!

Comment

those Montanna skinners are awsome i love mine man they just keep working breast bone and pelvic bones do not stand a chance,

Comment

I want to get into making knives. any tips for a beginner, and how can i do it cheap starting out?

Comment

Originally posted by Zombeyeinfected View Post
                              I want to get into making knives. any tips for a beginner, and how can i do it cheap starting out?
                              Cheap and knife making don't go together, just depends if you wan to take a piece of steel and make it cut something you can do it with a file and a disk grinder and a belt sander.
                              I started out many years ago not knowing anything and took me a lot of years to get to the point that I can make a living out of it. There are many variables in different steels to contend with. The best advise I can give you is go to Texas Knife Makers Guild on Facebook and see if you can find someone in your area that is willing to give you a weekend and teach you correctly what is involved in producing a good blade. It will save you tons for time learning first what is involved before spending a lot of money. Taking a piece of steel and making it cut is so different as taking a piece of steel and getting the most effective use out if it's particular properties. I didn't become a better knife maker until I studied Metallurgy, heat treating and tempering a knife is the heart and soul of the knife.

Comment

Working...
                              X