No announcement yet.

Private Land Hunt Schreiner Park- Kerrville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir, it was cold last year and looks to be headed that way again. We'll see you at the check station Friday.

Comment

I'll be with my grown nephew, daughter and grandson

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
        Yes sir, it was cold last year and looks to be headed that way again. We'll see you at the check station Friday.
        I'm going to cowboy up and tent camp for my hunt since it looks like the low is only going to only be in the 40's . Looking forward to it for sure.

A buddy of mine who went on this hunt a few years ago suggested bringing a rod and reel if you are staying in the park. He said he would have loved to have fished a little in his down time.

I'm wondering if something like buck jam/buck candy attractants would be beneficial or detrimental to the hunt. I figure I will need to do something different since I am on the third hunt and actually the 4th because there is a TYHP hunt being held there this weekend.

Comment

Haven't been out there in a few weeks but always see the most deer up by the teepee between it and the south treeline. Also always a lot of deer as you drive past the teepee where the road bends to the right where they have thinned the cedars.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            Haven't been out there in a few weeks but always see the most deer up by the teepee between it and the south treeline. Also always a lot of deer as you drive past the teepee where the road bends to the right where they have thinned the cedars.

Do you see many exotics?

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
              I'm going to cowboy up and tent camp for my hunt since it looks like the low is only going to only be in the 40's . Looking forward to it for sure.

A buddy of mine who went on this hunt a few years ago suggested bringing a rod and reel if you are staying in the park. He said he would have loved to have fished a little in his down time.

I'm wondering if something like buck jam/buck candy attractants would be beneficial or detrimental to the hunt. I figure I will need to do something different since I am on the third hunt and actually the 4th because there is a TYHP hunt being held there this weekend.

I've tent camped twice but took a spot with electricity. We brought a small heater. Glad we did. I think it was 3 yrs ago it dropped below freezing.

Next time will probably just bring our pop up camper.

Comment

Only place I see exotics is up in the front open pasture. from the teepee and south. Axis and black buck are the only ones I've ever seen there.

Comment

You might recheck those temps, latest is you will have mid to low 30's those days and 50-60 for a high. Gonna be great huntin weather.

Comment

guess no one from the GS made the first hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      guess no one from the GS made the first hunt?
                      I was doing some innerweb searching on this hunt and found a guy who was there Dec. 4-6. Below is a quote from him...

I saw 5 does and 1 6-pnt whitetail buck. I was able to get my doe tonight. Total: 4 does taken, 1 blackbuck and a guy missed an axis. I can confirm 2 other guys that had shots on a wt doe but kept getting busted when they tried to pull back. I spent a lot of time picking my blind location at least 30 yards away and covering it really well with brush. The deer that came in on me never hinted that they saw me and after I took my doe 3 of them returned including the buck within 2 minutes. Pay special attention to your blind placement and cover and get some distance away from your corn IMHO. My dad was one of them that had his blind 20 yards from the corn and not brushed in well. They knew something was wrong and he was never able to get a shot. If he had spent 15 more minutes preparing his blind I truly believe he would have been successful tonight but I can't tell him that. After doing my research on this place I'd say that these numbers tonight were abnormally high but I am not complaining.

Comment

thanks

Comment

I did a TYHP hunt there 12/1-3. 1 doe taken and 4 animals shot at. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Got settled into camp earlier today. Dinner is about ready. Hunt starts tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Private Land Hunt Schreiner Park- Kerrville

Got settled into camp earlier today. Dinner is about ready. Hunt starts tomorrow.

Thats gonna be cold
                                I’m taking it easy in the cabins

Probably see you in the morning

Comment

Working...
                                X