Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Emotional support animals.

I have a ESB, emotional support boot. It helps rectify my disagreements with dumba****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know a guy that looks just fine on the outside....he’s 30 something, has a job, is in good shape and his Great Dane goes with him everywhere.

The dog detects dvt’s to keep him from throwing a clot and dying.

You sure wouldn’t know if you just looked at him

The dog is still a dog. He sniffs butts, barks and protects his owner.

I try to remember to mind my own business...

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
          Lol from what I understand you can’t just buy a tag or card you have to get an actual prescription.
          The problem is most people don't know the law, so when they encounter a pet owner that starts spouting off legal jargon about the ADA most don't question it. Watch the rule benders and confrontation baiters on YouTube that record themselves looking for confrontation about their ESA. Can't blame a manger for not wanting to start something and end up jobless.

Comment

Originally posted by ezypikns View Post
            Why in Hell would you tolerate misbehavior in your dog?
            Just think when they have kids....

Heck my dog acts better than my kids, cuz that mutt knows inside of 400 yards I will LIGHT her butt up with the collar. My kids know I have to be within 16 inches, or the length of a 32” belt folded for spanking mode!

Comment

ESA
              99% pure BS. We Americans have it so good we have to create problems to treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                I know a guy that looks just fine on the outside....he’s 30 something, has a job, is in good shape and his Great Dane goes with him everywhere.

Like I said legit ones are beneficial. But it’s hard to mind your own business when one attaches to your leg. Like the Rottweiler who bit my buddy in tractor supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                  Problem is, said manager tells lady she needs to leave. Lady throws a fit, other people have to get involved, lady finally leaves. Said lady then takes to social media blasting about how she was treated unfairly (blah, blah, blah). It spirals out of control, store ends up with a bad rap, manager ends up fired.
                  My wife and I encountered a similar situation in a local restaurant here in Austin. We were seated next to a trio of people - a male and female (hipster types) and an older lady. They had a small dog in a handbag on the seat next to them. To the dog's credit, it was quiet and well-behaved. It just sat in the bag and quietly ate the bits of food the older woman fed it.

When I asked for the manager to ask about a dog in a restaurant, she got very nervous and said that it was completely legal. I started to try and explain about ESAs, ADA, etc., and she said that she was aware of this as other customers had complained about the dog, got angry, and left without eating. I could tell this young manager was really getting (more) nervous about this situation, and the wife was telling me to be quiet. So, I shut up about it and ate my dinner without saying another word about it. It's incredible to me that the manager knew she was losing business by people who had concerns about the dog in her restaurant, but would rather lose their business than the business from the ESA trio. I guess that it's part of "Keeping Austin Weird", but I long for the days when it was still pretty normal.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                    Problem is, said manager tells lady she needs to leave. Lady throws a fit, other people have to get involved, lady finally leaves. Said lady then takes to social media blasting about how she was treated unfairly (blah, blah, blah). It spirals out of control, store ends up with a bad rap, manager ends up fired.
                    Yeah that is a big problem these days. People use social media to bully people and businesses, then they complain later about cyber bullying.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
                      My wife and I encountered a similar situation in a local restaurant here in Austin. We were seated next to a trio of people - a male and female (hipster types) and an older lady. They had a small dog in a handbag on the seat next to them. To the dog's credit, it was quiet and well-behaved. It just sat in the bag and quietly ate the bits of food the older woman fed it.

When I asked for the manager to ask about a dog in a restaurant, she got very nervous and said that it was completely legal. I started to try and explain about ESAs, ADA, etc., and she said that she was aware of this as other customers had complained about the dog, got angry, and left without eating. I could tell this young manager was really getting (more) nervous about this situation, and the wife was telling me to be quiet. So, I shut up about it and ate my dinner without saying another word about it. It's incredible to me that the manager knew she was losing business by people who had concerns about the dog in her restaurant, but would rather lose their business than the business from the ESA trio. I guess that it's part of "Keeping Austin Weird", but I long for the days when it was still pretty normal.

Regards,

Dave

Let me preface this by saying I am a dog owner and we’re currently in Port A at a pet friendly condo with said dogs. I would never take a dog into a restaurant although my wife probably would like to. That being said, if the dog was sitting quietly and not bothering anyone, why get the manager involved? Honest question and not trying to stir anything up. Is it a cleanliness or sanitary issue? Against that restaurant’s rules? Just curious.

Comment

Let me preface this by saying if you have LEGIT problems than get you some kind of help. Whether that help is a dog, counseling or weed, I personally dont give a crap as long as you get the help you need. I could probably benefit from having a service support animal myself haha. With the world we live in nowadays nothing surprises me. Im sure there are people out there with "service support animals" that "help" the individual because they have PTS from getting yelled at. I mean...people are choosing to become amputees because they think they have too much privilege having all of there extremities. You can kiss my Irish @ss im keeping my arms and legs haha

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                          Let me preface this by saying I am a dog owner and we’re currently in Port A at a pet friendly condo with said dogs. I would never take a dog into a restaurant although my wife probably would like to. That being said, if the dog was sitting quietly and not bothering anyone, why get the manager involved? Honest question and not trying to stir anything up. Is it a cleanliness or sanitary issue? Against that restaurant’s rules? Just curious.

Good question, and thank you for your very courteous way of asking it.

My wife and I are also animal lovers and share our home with both dogs and a cat. We're also nurses, though I'm retired from the field, so health and sanitation are second nature to us. Of that small group, the dog was the best behaved. Quite honestly, the young hipster couple got on both of our nerves pretty early. They were talking loudly, and were feeding each other with bites of food, and then leaning over and kissing each other on the mouths - you know, typical ways that people are supposed to behave in a restaurant. The older lady was talking while all this was going on, and also feeding the little dog.

Frankly, I was hoping the manager would either reseat us - which I don't think was a possibility as they were very busy, or tell the people with the dog to leave. No excuses, but maybe I was having a bad day. No, that's not true. It was because: 1) the dog's owners irritated me, which drew my attention to their 2) having a dog at a table in a restaurant (sanitation issue), and sauce for the goose was learning the dog was a "service animal", and the owners were gaming the system.

My wife and I are experienced with people who have true service dogs, and the dogs are trained to behave in public restaurants by laying quietly at their owner's feet. Additionally, my wife is originally from Germany where dogs are allowed in restaurants. The dogs are trained to sit under the chair or table occupied by their owner, and I've never seen or heard of any untoward incidents. A bit different though in that in Germany it allowed under their health codes.

I hope this answers your question and satiates your curiosity. No offense taken here, and I hope you are not offended by my explanation.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

I'd be interested to know how a dog detects DVT's?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              I'd be interested to know how a dog detects DVT's?
                              Answer is... they cant.

Comment

My wife had a brain tumor, and suffers from massive seizures. Its actually amazing how a certain number of our dogs, particularly two of our French Bulldogs, and one of her English Bulldogs seem to sense and detect when she is having pre-seizure symptoms. Not one is trained to do so.

Its been a stress reliever for me and my boys, as we have learned to watch how the dogs react to her at times. She has now noticed it the last few times as well.

Ill hold off on comments about people who abuse the 'therapy dog' stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X