The Outpost - Great Little Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Outpost - Great Little Feeder

I picked up one of these earlier this year and just put it out on Sat. Easy to transport, very quiet operation and can be set up anywhere on a limb. Holds about 20-25 pounds of corn and can feed up to 4 times/day. I had a spot on my property I wanted to hunt for years but couldn't get to it with a motorized vehicle so I set this little feeder up with high hopes for November. For $80.00 it isn't a bad little feeder.

Doug Key
    Attached Files

That is an awesome looking contraption. Thank you for posting!

Comment

Can you post a link to that product?

Comment

Cool idea. Just ordered one. Thanks

Comment

That is really cool. I like it.

Comment

where to get ?

Comment

https://outpostfeeder.com/

Comment

I've got an addiction to Longbows and deer feeders...................yes, i just orered one too!

Comment

I am seriously tempted... but will wait to see what your first impression is. I'm most interested in the timer/spinner.

Comment

I wonder if it's very quiet ?
                    I've been using the Moultrie bucket Quiet Feeder the last few years. It holds about 50 lbs and I throw a rope over a limb and hoist it high up in the air.

Comment

The timer is replaceable for $32.99 from Outpost but it looks the same as the Econo timer I have seen at WalMart.

I was sitting about 18 yds from it yesterday afternoon and it spins very quiet. Much more so than my other feeders. I put it up Saturday and the deer have already found it.

Doug Key
                      Last edited by splitfinger; 10-23-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Neat feeder but I like them loud. That way I can hear them a half mile away and know that they are working.

Comment

Looks like the perfect feeder for a secluded spot. I bet an old buck is 10x more likely to eat there than a conventional feeder.

Comment

It looks great but 20# will not last a week. Wished it was bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                              It looks great but 20# will not last a week. Wished it was bigger.
                              That is what the 5 gallon bucket feeders are for. This one specifically is meant to be able to be packed in, setup, and discrete.

I have thought about making a similar type of feeder with 4" PVC. I totally have the skills to make a small timer board, I just don't have the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X