Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Agree on both accounts.

An extended charging handle is cheap, easy to install and will make it much easier to charge with the scope.
    Thanks. Will check into a an extender

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    Can you see through the scope with it mounted so low?
    Yes, but, not "comfortably"

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    I would replace the rings with a 1 piece mount like a Burris PEPR.

Just get a charging handle with an extended latch on it. Most if not all of my scopes line up with the back of the castle nut like yours does.
    Thanks, Mike. I will investigate the Burris today. And, noted on the scope line.

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    If you are set on using rings I would try some Burris extra high rings.
    No. Not set on rings at all. That's just what i had laying around and tried them.

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
    Quit puttin rings on your ar's people
    Per my opening post, i bought this scope and rings to go on a bolt rifle. Traded that rifle for this AR and used them because that's what i had. I'm sorry to have offended you. Will be ordering a cantilever style mount this week.

Comment

1/2" risers work well on ar's. A set will give you clearance that you need. Your scope bases will mount on top of them. It also makes your charging handle more accessible. You can get a pair for less than $50.

Comment

That low mounted scope would be perfect on a bolt rifle; but it's NO BUENO on an AR platform. Seems like there's been a new thread every couple days, for the past couple weeks, on the subject of mounting glass on ARs. Is it the season of new AR owners?? Lol

The PEPR is a great mount. So is the LaRue LT104. I have both. I like the LaRue better but it's a lot more expensive.

I'd ditch those caps altogether and get a neoprene cover. They don't break like caps do and they don't make noise taking off. Once I found them I threw out the few working caps I had left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
          Quit puttin rings on your ar's people

Why? Rings work perfect if you use the correct ring height and install them correctly. They're also lighter than cantilever mounts. I have used both and see no difference in accuracy except if you remove and replace the scope. One piece mounts definitely hold zero slightly better than most rings; but I'll put a properly installed Nightforce x-high rings up against a PEPR mount any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

I'd ditch those caps altogether and get a neoprene cover. They don't break like caps do and they don't make noise taking off. Once I found them I threw out the few working caps I had left.

I disagree.

We jump on the Ranger and I look around, the rifles with neoprene covers are unprotected because the neoprene got left in the case while the rifles with caps have caps closed protecting the glass from that west Texas dust.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB35 View Post
              1/2" risers work well on ar's. A set will give you clearance that you need. Your scope bases will mount on top of them. It also makes your charging handle more accessible. You can get a pair for less than $50.

Yeah but why would you when there are specific mounts that are made to mount an ar and position the scope properly? They are ugly as all get out and look like an afterthought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Yeah but why would you when there are specific mounts that are made to mount an ar and position the scope properly? They are ugly as all get out and look like an afterthought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Come on Mike. My risers are made for an ar and they are as solid as any cantilever mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Come on Mike. My risers are made for an ar and they are as solid as any cantilever mount.

It's like body work on a car - you CAN repair a dent with Bondo and a paint matching kit from Auto Zone. OR, you can take it to a body shop and have the metal repaired and the whole quarter panel painted. Just a matter of opinion of what's right.

Comment

calm your teats everyone.....

amazon is delivering a burris pepr to my door tomorrow

thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Never said they weren't solid, just ugly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                        calm your teats everyone.....

amazon is delivering a burris pepr to my door tomorrow

thanks for the help

Good choice.

Comment

Working...
                        X