Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The situation seemed similar to the baboon as it was early and Anthony said as long as I don't spine it, we'll be ok in reference to not spooking the kudu. Getting drawn back on these things, despite being well hidden in the blind was tough though.

Eventually, I was able to get drawn without spooking one and released an arrow. Regrettably, the arrow sailed low, just under his arm. If you look close at the pics, you can see the green/white arrow in flight. I was lucky it hit the dirt and actually bounced over the one behind him.....
    Attached Files

Comment

very nice

Comment

Great Story can't wait to hear the rest.

Comment

Those monkeys are hilarious to watch. Hunted Kudu over oranges in the east cape, and watching the monkeys pick thru and eat the oranges kept me entertained for most of the day.

Comment

Man it seems like you had the hunt of a liftime, i was wanting to go to alaska when i got the money saved up but after reading this and seeing all of your pics. Africa is were i will be heading, thanks for a great story and some awsome pics. Can't wait to see the final outcome.

Comment

After the monkeys made a quick exit, all was quiet for some time. We eventually had a group of kudu cows coming in behind us only to spook when they smelled us. We figured our chances were blown as time seemed to be running out as they left spooked.

But as evening approached, we had another group of kudu females browsing around on the outskirts from a different direction. This was very encouraging. We just hoped that if they would come in comfortably, maybe, just maybe, a bull would come in as well if he saw the cows feeding comfortably.

The cows eventually came in and began to feed. We had placed a small amount of alfalfa about 20 yards in front of us in hopes of having a kudu stop to feed on this and that through the positioning of the alfalfa, the kudu would be positioned at just the right angle for a shot.

Comment

As the kudu cows were feeding, the plan seemed to be coming together as this bull showed up.
                Attached Files

Comment

If you've had an opportunity to read the previous post over the last few days, you know just how close I've been to a kudu without sealing the deal. These gray ghost continued to elude me all week.

Comment

As he began to come in, the tape was rolling and the arrow was nocked...
                    Attached Files

Comment

and?????????????

Comment

As he came in, I was at full draw waiting for him to slightly turn. For whatever reason, he spooked and ran around the small tree directly in front of me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

As he stopped, now on the left side of this little tree, I was about to release the arrow when he took off yet again.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

This time he ran almost out of view, actually stopping just a few short steps from the blind. At one point, he actually turned and looked directly towards us.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Your killin me!

Comment

Outstanding hunt Michael!!! I'm finally caught up! Now drill that Kudu and bring it!

Comment

Working...
                                X